New Orleans, Louisiana 2021-02-22 12:45:00 –
90,000 or more doses Coronavirus The vaccine will be available to eligible individuals throughout Louisiana this week.
The Louisiana Department of Health announced on Monday morning that all 64 parishes will receive 90,630 doses to 501 healthcare providers, including pharmacies and hospitals.
To get the vaccine, one must make an appointment with the donor.
Vaccines will not be given to those who arrive at the location without a reservation.
Louisiana has expanded its coronavirus vaccine eligibility requirements to include teachers from kindergarten to high school, pregnant women, and more.
- Those over 65 years old
- Dialysis providers and patients
- Outpatient and outpatient providers and staff
- Behavioral healthcare providers and staff
- Emergency medical clinic providers and staff
- Community care providers and staff
- Dental providers and staff
- Non-Emergency Medical Transport (NEMT) Providers and Staff
- Professional home care providers (including hospice workers) and home care recipients (including community or home care recipients aged 16 and over, as well as clients of home care institutions)
- Interpreters and Support Service Providers (SSPs) working in community and clinic-based environments, and both deafblind and deafblind clients
- Health-related support personnel (laboratory staff, morgue staff in contact with corpses, pharmacy staff)
- School of medical students, residents and staff
- Key State and Local COVID Emergency Response Personnel
- Some election staff in the March and April elections
- Teachers and other support staff working in the field or day care from kindergarten to high school
- All pregnant people
- Individuals between the ages of 55 and 64 who have at least one of the conditions that the CDC states is “high risk of serious illness due to the virus that causes COVID-19.” Persons with the following eligible underlying illnesses are advised to complete the Louisiana COVID-19 Vaccine Certification Form to receive the vaccine (provided available to the provider if the individual cannot pre-print and fill out): is).
- Chronic kidney disease
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Down’s syndrome
- Cardiac conditions including, but not limited to, heart failure, coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathy
- Immunodeficiency due to solid organ transplantation (immunity weakening)
- Obesity (body mass index) [BMI] 30kg / m2 or more and less than 40kg / m2)
- Severe obesity (BMI> 40 kg / m2)
- Sickle cell disease
- Type 2 diabetes
(List provided by the Louisiana Department of Health)
1.6M Louisiana residents are eligible for coronavirus vaccines; here’s where they’re available | Coronavirus Source link 1.6M Louisiana residents are eligible for coronavirus vaccines; here’s where they’re available | Coronavirus