Wichita, Kansas 2021-10-21 14:31:48 –
Topeka, Kang (KSNT) -The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a warning on Wednesday, stating: Salmonella outbreaks are associated with onions..
The CDC reports that 652 people, including 14 in Kansas, became ill with this outbreak. Contaminated onions are fresh whole red, white and yellow onions imported from Chihuahua, Mexico and distributed by ProSource Inc. In storage.
Companies are advised to check the storage cooler for these onions and dispose of them. In addition, businesses need to clean and disinfect surfaces that may have come into contact with onions.
According to the CDC, people need to throw away whole red, white, and yellow onions at home without stickers or packaging. The agency also said:
- If you don’t know where the onions came from, don’t buy or eat
- Wash surfaces and containers that these onions may have touched – use hot soapy water or a dishwasher
If you experience any of these severe Salmonella symptoms, you should contact your doctor immediately.
- Diarrhea and fever above 102 ° F
- Diarrhea does not improve for more than 3 days
- Bloody diarrhea
- I vomit too much and I can’t control my water
- Signs of dehydration:
- Don’t pee too much
- Thirst and throat
- I feel dizzy when I stand up
14 Kansans sick from nationwide salmonella outbreak linked to onions, CDC says Source link 14 Kansans sick from nationwide salmonella outbreak linked to onions, CDC says