Colorado Springs, Colorado 2021-07-22 13:54:22 –
Judges say victims and families who suffered losses from the collapse of a 12-story oceanfront Florida condo will initially receive at least $ 150 million in compensation.
Judge Michael Handsman said in a hearing Wednesday that the amount included insurance for the Champlain Towers South Building and expected returns from the sale of the surfside property that once had the building.
by Associated Press$ 50 million comes from insurance and $ 100 million comes from sales.
Judge Handsman said “court concerns have always been victims,” and the judge said “their rights are protected,” so visitors and lessors were also included in the group, AP reports. did.
It does not include the proceeds of a large number of proceedings filed since the collapse on June 24, which killed at least 97 people.
These proceedings are integrated into a single class proceeding and may cover all victims and their families.
So far, 97 victims have been identified. On Wednesday, authorities announced the names of two additional victims: 24-year-old Anastasia Gromova and Linda March, 58.
Authorities have not disclosed when the restoration work will be completed.
$150M initially for victims in Florida condo collapse Source link $150M initially for victims in Florida condo collapse