Atlanta, Georgia 2021-09-20 05:33:38 –
East Point, Georgia (CBS46) — Assistance is available for East Point residents who may be facing expulsion due to the financial impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The city of East Point is funding the remaining $ 153,000 or more from the Fulton County Emergency Solutions Grant to provide temporary emergency financial assistance to residents.
Individual applications that meet the following eligibility requirements will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Become a resident of East Point
- Meet income threshold requirements (based on household income)
- Faced peasant eviction within the last 14 days and / or received notice of peasant eviction / overdue rent
The following required documents are required to apply.
- Government-issued ID
- Proof of income
- Copy of full lease
- Notification of move-out / notification of overdue rent
- Birth certificates and / or social security cards for all members of the household
Applicants must bring these documents to East Point City Hall (located at 2757 East Point Street) to meet with the HOPE Atlanta Case Manager to verify eligibility.
The case manager may meet with the applicant during the following times.
- Monday, September 20: 9 am to 11:30 am
- Tuesday, September 21: 9 am to 2 pm
- Wednesday, September 22: 9 am to 2 pm
- Friday, September 24: 9 am to 2 pm
Copyright 2021 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). all rights reserved.
$153K in funding now available to East Point residents in need of rent, utility assistance | News Source link $153K in funding now available to East Point residents in need of rent, utility assistance | News