Kansas City, Missouri 2021-04-07 14:54:24 –
Sonora, Mexico — A fatal crash involving miners in Sonora, Mexico, killed 16 people and injured 14 early Tuesday morning.
According to the Attorney General’s office, after 3 am, a collision was reported between a bus transporting workers from the Noche Buena mine near Caborca in Sonora and a vehicle such as a small van.
Officials said the crash occurred near the entrance to the Noche Buena mine.
The 14 injured crew members traveling by bus were taken to a local hospital in Kavolka for treatment.
Sixteen people in the van died as a result of the crash.
According to the Attorney General’s office, all victims are Mexican citizens, but some have not yet been identified.
According to the AG, the identified victims are:
1. Gerardo Garduño Calderón, 41 years old, Pyracantos, Pachukadesoto, Hidalgo.
2. Adrian Bobady Japopoka, 21, Tenango del Valle, Estado, State of Mexico.
3.Juana Vicenta Martínez Hernández, 36 years old, Caredeyta de Montes, Queretaro.
4. Oscar Arturokia Fixtor Amador, 18 years old, Veracruz, Tenzanpal.
5. Joel Tepole Panzo, 33 years old, Songorica, Berakurus.
6. José Nieves Xochicale Quiahua, 40 years old, Songolika, Veracruz.
7. LuisÁngel Hernández Tetzoyotl, 20 years old, Songolika, Veracruz.
8. Maria Angelica Paul Garcia, 20 years old, Songorica, Vera Cruz.
9. Luis Hernandez Royola, 42, Tenango del Valle, Estado, State of Mexico.
10. Ricardo Gallardo Mota, 28, La Perla, Veracruz.
11. Miriam Bolaños Hernández, 36, Zentla, Veracruz.
12. Luis Alberto Garindo Perez, 34, Acopinalco, Apan, Hidalgo.
13. Jose Antonio Mateo Rojas, 20 years old, Tenango del Valle, Estado, State of Mexico.
Kavolka is known to have a large population of seasonal workers from other regions.
Crystal Bedoya first reported this story in KNXV..
16 dead, 14 others injured following deadly crash near US-Mexico border Source link 16 dead, 14 others injured following deadly crash near US-Mexico border