Valley Stream

2 people injured in house fire caused by cooking accident – Valley Stream, New York

Valley Stream, New York 2021-11-22 02:01:37 –

Spartanberg, South Carolina (WSPA)-The two were taken to the hospital after the house was destroyed in a fire on Saturday night.

According to the Whitney Fire Department, I received a call around 8 o’clock.

When they got there, the California Avenue home was in flames.

Kenneth Wadel, who lives behind the house, says he was there to see the house unfold.

“We got out of the back door and the whole house was on fire,” Wadel said.

Two people who were inside at that time were taken to the hospital. Their status is unknown.

Wadel says at first that no one thought it came alive.

“I was very scared. I thought my mother was dead because I couldn’t find her,” Wadel said.

According to the fire department, it all started in the kitchen after the cooking accident.

The Red Cross is currently supporting families, but warns others about the dangers of cooking, especially as Thanksgiving is imminent and more people are in the kitchen. “

“It’s a good idea to be careful with fried foods, so grease fires tend to be very dangerous things that can happen in your kitchen,” said the South Carolina Red Cross Communications Director. Mandy McWalter said.

McWherter also tells you to check your smoke alarm.

“If you have smoke detectors, make sure they are working. Therefore, test them every month and if they aren’t working, make sure you’re replacing the battery. Please, “said McWherter.

In addition, always be aware of stones.

“Make sure you have the heat source turned off. If you are using a stove, be sure to turn it off to extinguish the flames. If you have a fire in your house, call 9-1-1. Please use that number to escape the house and if you leave the house, do not return, “says McWherter.

2 people injured in house fire caused by cooking accident Source link 2 people injured in house fire caused by cooking accident

Back to top button