Riverside, California 2022-05-18 07:02:45 –
The beach-to-bay relay marathon runs from North Padre Island to Shoreline Boulevard on Saturday.
Residents and businesses in the area need to be prepared for road closures.
According to the news release, the closure will begin at 4 am on Saturday.
Delays are expected as driving lanes, ramp exits and intersections may be temporarily closed for the safety of participants, bus services and emergency response personnel.
Drivers are advised to be careful when driving near race routes and follow detour routes.
Following the instructions of the Corpus Christi Police Station, the street will be reopened on a rolling basis.
- From Shoreline Boulevard, Coopersary to Buford Street: Both sides are completely closed.
- Shoreline Boulevard, Craig Street to Buford Street: Northbound right lane and bike lane closure.
- Ocean Drive, NAS Northgate to Craig Street: Closing the right lane to the north and the lane for regular bicycles.
- Waldron Road, SPID Frontage Road to Fawn Drive.
- From Fawn Drive, SPID Frontage Road to Waldron Road.
- NAS Drive, Waldron Road to NAS South Gate: North facing outer lane and shoulder closure.
- Waldron Road exit.
- North and South exits and coastal bridges: Closed by exchanging legs 2 and 3.
- The intersection of Aquarius Street and Park Road 22.
- All intersections along Park Road 22 from Aquarius Street to State Highway 361 / Comodos Drive.
- The intersection of Zan Road and State Highway 361.
The Newport Pass is the only access to the beach from State Highway 361. Access to Zan Road is limited to bus service, boat ramp access and Tortouga Dunes residents.
Due to the closed north and south exits of the coastal bridge, drivers will not be able to access the area under the bridge after 4am.
In addition, islanders traveling north of State Highway 361 / Comodo’s Drive intersection will have another turnaround on Flower Bluff Drive to return to the island along Park Road 22 or the access lane to the south during closing times. Must be used.
John Oliva features South Texas entertainment and community news. Contact him on firstname.lastname@example.org or Twitter @johnpoliva.. Consider supporting local journalism with a Caller-Times subscription..
45th Beach to Bay Relay Marathon: Guide to street closures Source link 45th Beach to Bay Relay Marathon: Guide to street closures