2021-02-19 23:11:49 –
As a result of efforts by multiple agencies, seven men (five from Minnesota) were arrested on Friday in Itasca County for crimes related to sexual trafficking.
Investigators from the Criminal Arrest Department led a three-day operation this week in collaboration with the Task Force on Sex Trafficking and the Itasca County Sheriff’s Office.
“What this operation tells us is that there is a demand for sexual exploitation of young people in northern Minnesota,” said Matty Adam, a lawyer in Itasca County. “This kind of active law enforcement activity helps us find people who prey on our young and vulnerable populations.”
During the surgery, the suspect chatted with undercover agents and investigators on several sex advertising websites. Investigators arrested the suspect when he arrived at a meeting place arranged for a commercial sex crime. The following was booked in a prison in Aitaska or Pennington County.
- Chad Arther Dockendorf, 45, from Grand Rapids, Minnesota, was charged with soliciting minors and suspected four-time drunk drivers.
- Matthew Thai Hall, 32, in Mount Pleasant, Texas, was charged with soliciting a suspected minor.
- Derek Wayne Jokinen, 44, of Sawyer, Minnesota, was charged with soliciting a suspected minor.
- Bruce Duane Jones, 54, of Goodridge, Minnesota, was charged with communicating sexually explicit material to minors.
- Rusty James Marek, 56, from Grand Rapids, Minnesota, was charged with soliciting a suspected minor.
- Saihou Adrisa Sissoho, 20, from Chisholm, Minnesota, was charged with soliciting a suspected minor.
- Michael Kelly West, 53, of Laura, Missouri, was charged with carrying a pistol without permission or solicitation to engage in prostitution.
Many additional agencies supported the effort, including Fond du Lac, Leech Lake Tribal, Cambridge, Thief River Falls, Minneapolis, and St. Paul’s police station. Isanti, Canabeck, Pork, Anoka, Aitken, Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office. Homeland Security Survey, and law firms in Itasca and Ramsey County.
7 men swept up in multi-agency effort against sex trafficking in northern Minnesota – Twin Cities Source link 7 men swept up in multi-agency effort against sex trafficking in northern Minnesota – Twin Cities