Riverside, California 2021-10-16 07:02:25 –
Personal style has nothing to do with how much money you have.
Fashion is always looking to the past, and these nine resale clothing stores have tops, bottoms, shoes and accessories to create the perfect vintage look.
In addition to chain second-hand stores such as Goodwill, The Salvation Army Family Store, and Corpus Christi’s Prato’s Closet, these local retro shops offer a variety of styles that can no longer be found.
Chris Chance Lift Shop
3915 Gorihar Road
The proceeds of this reseller, located behind the Wesley United Methodist Church, go to the larger provinces of the church. At the Chris Chance Lift Shop, all sales are 50% off until the end of the year.
time: Friday and Saturday from 9am to 5pm.
Gram Shack Resale Shop
4408 Prescott Street
With clothing and accessories for men and women, Glam Shack is a one-stop shop for affordable clothing. The store frequently offers discounts and sales of merchandise.
time: Wednesday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm. Thursday to Saturday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
contact: 361-251-3742, theglamshackresaleshop.com
4727 South Alameda Street
Gypsy treasures will celebrate their 32nd anniversary in November. Retailers also donate clothes to churches and local organizations for women who need clothes for job interviews.
time: Tuesday to Friday from 10 am to 6 pm. Saturday from 10am to 5pm.
Olive blue resale
1612 Agnes Street
This vintage shop sells men’s and women’s clothing, accessories and shoes. Olive Blue will be resold for the third year in November.
time: Tuesday to Sunday from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
1301 Ayers Street
Playground Exchange is reviving the 90’s with clothes that make you say “booya” and “it’s fat”. The vintage shop also sells music and toys from the same era.
time: Thursday and Friday from 1 pm to 6 pm. Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
6053 Weber Road
Founded in 2016, Re-tail Therapy is part of Corpus Christi’s local cat shelter, Cattery. Since resellers are a non-profit organization, all proceeds are used to help cats in shelters and contraceptive surgery clinics.
time: Tuesday to Friday from 11:00 am to 6:00 pm. Saturday from 11:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Sun Moon and Stars Vintage
505 Southwater Street
Sun Moon and Stars Vintage is one of Corpus Christi’s latest resale clothing stores.Celebrate that 10 year anniversary At the end of October, local businesses also used their clothes elegantly to add a unique atmosphere.
time: Thursday to Sunday from 1 pm to 7 pm.
4646 Everhart Road
Thread has been a reliable shop for fashionable people in Corpus Christi for 10 years. The reseller sells men’s and women’s clothing, shoes and accessories.
time: Monday to Saturday from 10am to 8pm. Sundays from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
Out of the box
5866 South Staples Street (in J’s Cuts & Styles)
Unboxd is a new kid in a thrift store. Inside the barber shop, this retro shop sells T-shirts from the late 80’s to the late 2010’s.
time: Thursday to Sunday from 1 pm to 7 pm.
What should I do at a clothing recycle shop?
- research: Check out all the thrift shops in your area to find a game plan on how to work with each shop. Maybe one store specializes in Y2K fashion trends and another is in stock in the mod trends of the 1960s. Before you leave home, know where you want to go.
- Donation: Most resellers buy your clothes. Some even make a deal. Clean the closet to make room for new second-hand clothing.
- please take it easy: I’m not in a hurry when it comes to shopping. Go through each passage and dig each bucket on the ground. If you are not patient, you will never know if you can find that perfect clothing.
- Take the risk: Fashion is all about being stylish yet comfortable. You might think yellow isn’t your color, but you’ll find a honey mustard yellow jacket with white trimming and you’re on the fence about it. Please take advantage of that opportunity to purchase. Believe in us
- Off-season: It’s autumn now, so start looking for clothes that you can wear in the spring and summer. Being in South Texas, three seasons of the year are summer, but you understand the idea.
John Oliva covers South Texas education and community news. Consider supporting local journalism with a Caller-Times subscription..
9 resale clothing stores in Corpus Christi Source link 9 resale clothing stores in Corpus Christi