Wichita, Kansas 2020-10-11 22:52:51 –
Graham County, Kansas (KSNW) – On Sunday night, several agencies fought a major fire near the town of Nicodemus, Kansas.
Officials say strong winds knocked down utility poles and caused several fires in the area.
According to the Graham County Sheriff’s Office, the fire has begun evacuating everyone in the historic town, but now allows residents to return home.
The Graham County dispatch says the fire is heading to Rooks County. No structural damage has been reported at this time.
According to the sheriff’s office, the Nicodemas fire is currently under control and purification is underway.
The Graham County Sheriff’s Office shared a post on its Facebook page and asked residents to call the Sheriff’s Office in the morning if they needed help getting to their car.
KSN will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.
- Evento de registro devotantessellevóa coboen Wichita
- A large fire broke out in Nicodemas and purification is underway
- Teachman’s Take: Gasuti Wind signals the arrival of change this fall
- Wichita City Council Discusses SME Incentives
- “This is a home, this is a family”: A woman in Garden City leads a nearly century-long Hispanic celebration