Activision Blizzard Inc. said it hired a law firm to investigate sexual harassment gender wage discrimination complaints at work hours before the planned employees went on strike over the company’s reaction. Allegations made in recent proceedings..
“Our first response to the problems we faced together and your concerns was, frankly, deaf,” said CEO Bobby Cotic on Tuesday night. Said in a statement. “It is imperative that we recognize all perspectives and experiences and respect the feelings of those who have been abused in some way. We apologize for failing to provide the right empathy and understanding.”
suitThe largest video game publisher in the United States, filed last week by the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing, has accused female employees of paying less than male employees and having fewer opportunities for promotion. Activision also claims to have ignored complaints from female employees regarding explicit harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Activision states that it will fight prosecution, and that the proceedings contain distorted, often false statements of the past.
The company’s first response to the proceedings offended some employees. On Wednesday, current and former Activision Blizzard employees planned a virtual strike and a face-to-face meeting at the Blizzard campus in Irvine, California, calling for a change in the company’s culture. People throughout the gaming community used the hashtag #ActiBlizzWalkout on social media posts in solidarity with the campaign.
Activision Blizzard CEO says the company has become deaf in response to the harassment proceedings
Source link Activision Blizzard CEO says the company has become deaf in response to the harassment proceedings