Valley Stream

After 11-year-old loses trombone in house fire, a 7NEWS viewer came to the rescue – Valley Stream, New York

Valley Stream, New York 2021-11-29 22:38:43 –

Spartanburg, South Carolina (WSPA) – In an early morning fire last Friday, the family lost everything they owned.

Among the destroyed items was the trombone, an 11-year-old boy, just a week before the first concert.

Just as he thought he might never play again, a 7NEWS viewer came to help.

“The trombone is a trombone and I’m glad I’m still alive to play the trombone,” said Knox Sims Harris, one of the victims of the fire.

The Sims-Harris lost everything in his house and inside. He said he was taking the trombone home and practicing before the big concert on December 2nd.

“I’ve been practicing a lot of music lately so I don’t usually take it home, but since it’s my first concert, I wanted to avoid getting messed up,” said Sims Harris.

The intense heat of the fire melted the trombone, and his family was uncertain if he could play at the concert.

Thanks to Contessa Miller, Knox’s music career will continue.

“They now have a huge plate full of problems, and this was a kind of excellence for the upcoming concert. It was nice to have it in their hands today,” Miller said. Said.

Miller says the trombone belonged to her son when he was in middle school. She says this instrument has a long history.

“Shortly after I got it, I was involved in a car accident. The trombone was inside the trunk, and the trunk was completely folded over the trombone,” Miller said.

Thankfully, they were able to rescue the trombone and, a few years later, hand it over to the new owner.

“Mrs. Miller, I am very grateful to you, and thank you for letting me use the trombone,” said Sims-Harris.

Decindy Sims was Knox’s grandmother and owned the house in which he lived. She said this selfless behavior shed some light on their lives in times of darkness.

“I’m very grateful to her because she wanted to make sure my grandson had everything for that concert, and she did exactly that,” Sims said. ..

The family wants to thank everyone who has helped. In particular, Contessa Miller gave Knox another chance to make music, not just the trombone.

On the trombone, Millers got Knox new clothes to wear for his concert, and they plan to attend.

After 11-year-old loses trombone in house fire, a 7NEWS viewer came to the rescue Source link After 11-year-old loses trombone in house fire, a 7NEWS viewer came to the rescue

Back to top button