Wichita, Kansas 2021-07-22 10:42:53 –
The city said a wildfire at The western United States is the cause of deteriorating air qualityAs a result, weather conditions allow smoke and particulate matter to be transported across the plains and the east coast.
Maximum- Bootleg Fire in Eastern Oregon — has grown to 618 square miles (1,600 square kilometers). It’s half the size of Rhode Island, but it’s been confirmed that less than 200 homes and other structures have been lost due to burning fire in less populated areas. More than 200 fires have occurred in Manitoba and Ontario, according to Canadian authorities.
The city advises sensitive group residents (individuals with lung disease, the elderly, children) to follow the EPA guidance related to these air quality conditions.
- Choose activities that are less intense (such as walking instead of running) so that you do not breathe too hard.
- Reduce time spent outdoors
- Work outdoors when the air quality is good
- Keep doors and windows closed and air filter to clean the inside.
- Face mask can protect from smoke breathing
online, Interactive smoke map Launched last year by the EPA and the US Forest Office.
Air quality advisory issued for Wichita due to high presence of wildfire smoke Source link Air quality advisory issued for Wichita due to high presence of wildfire smoke