Colorado Springs, Colorado 2021-08-05 13:37:01 –
Denver (KDVR)-Itchy eyes? Is your throat faint? snot? Not a surprise!As of Thursday morning, in Denver 7th worst air quality in the world..
Meteorologist Chris Tomel The air quality is very poor It’s like smoking 1.5 cigarettes.
So what can you do to protect yourself?Here are some tips American Lung Association:
- Avoid exercising outdoorsHigh pollution level.. When the air is bad, walk indoors in a shopping mall or gym, or use an exercise machine. If the air quality is poor, limit the amount of time your child can play outdoors.
- Always avoid exercisingNear a busy area.. Even if the air quality forecast is green, congested highway vehicles can produce high levels of pollution up to one-third miles away.
- Use less energy in your home. Producing electricity and other sources of energy creates air pollution. Reducing energy consumption helps improve air quality, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, promote energy independence, and save costs.U.S. Environmental Protection AgencySimple tips for saving energy at home.
- Walking, biking, carpooling. Combine travel. Instead of driving a car, use buses, subways, light rail systems, commuter trains, or other alternatives.
- Do not burn wood or trash.Burn firewoodAnd debris are one of the leading causes of particle contamination (soot) in many parts of the country.
- Use a manual or electric lawn care device instead of petrol. Older two-stroke engines, such as lawnmowers and leaf and snowplows, often lack anti-contamination equipment. Engines sold after 2011 are cleaner, but they can pollute the air even more than cars.
- Do not allow anyone to smoke indoors and support measures to create all public placesTobacco free..
Contact your doctor if you have difficulty breathing or if it is not urgent. In case of emergency, call 911.
'Air quality so poor that it's like smoking nearly 2 cigarettes'; Denver has the 7th worst air quality in the world Source link 'Air quality so poor that it's like smoking nearly 2 cigarettes'; Denver has the 7th worst air quality in the world