Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2021-06-11 15:04:38 –
Posted by: KDKA-TV News Staff
Pittsburgh (KDKA) — The Pennsylvania Turnpike toll road will be closed in both directions between Allegheny Valley Exit 48 and Pittsburgh Exit 5 as part of this weekend.
Closing begins at 11:59 pm on Saturday, June 12, and ends at 5 am on Sunday, June 13.
The 5-hour closure is for construction and is subject to change if construction is not done due to weather conditions.
The crew will work on installing a bridge on Center Road near the MilePost in Monroeville.
The Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission requires drivers to use the following detours:
Eastbound traffic at the Allegheny Valley interchange:
- From Freeport Road (0.7 miles)
- From Pennsylvania State Highway 910 West (0.6 miles)
- From PA State Highway 28 South (12 miles)
- From I-579 South / Veterans Bridge (1.5 miles)
- PA Turnpike from I-376 East (Exit 85) (13.5 miles)
- Re-enter I-76 at the Pittsburgh interchange.
Westbound traffic at the Pittsburgh interchange:
- From I-376 West (16 miles)
- From I-279 North / Fort Duquene Bridge (1 mile)
- From PA State Highway 28 North (23 miles)
- PA State Highway 910 East (Exit 11, Harmerville) (. 2 miles)
- Turn left onto Freeport Road (0.7 miles)
- Re-enter I-76 at the Allegheny Valley interchange.
Allegheny Valley, Pittsburgh Interchanges On Pa. Turnpike To Close Overnight On Sunday For Construction – CBS Pittsburgh Source link Allegheny Valley, Pittsburgh Interchanges On Pa. Turnpike To Close Overnight On Sunday For Construction – CBS Pittsburgh