USA

Aromatherapy sprays sold by Walmart cause deadly bacterial infections | Walmart

Aromatherapy spray sold at Walmart According to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it causes at least four bacterial infections and kills at least two people.

CDC on Tuesday Better Homes & Gardens Lavender & Chamomile Essential Oil Infusion Aromatherapy Room Spray With Gemstone It was a link between infections in at least four different states (Kansas, Georgia, Minnesota, Texas). Bacterial infections have resulted in the deaths of at least two people, including children.

Last Friday, the CDC announced that a bottle of spray found at the home of a dead Georgia patient contained bacteria. Burkholderia pseudomallei, Usually found in subtropical soils and waters.Bacteria can turn into a life-threatening infection called Melioidosis When entering the body through consumption, inhalation, or a wound on the skin.

The first case of infection was confirmed in March, and an adult in Kansas later died. On June 30, the CDC confirmed a case of unrelated travel-related melioidosis between an adult in Minnesota and a 4-year-old in Texas. In early August, the CDC confirmed that a fourth case of melioidosis in another child was identified and proven fatal in Georgia.

In response to the discovery of the CDC, Wal-Mart recalled approximately 3,900 aromatherapy bottles sold at. About 55 stores And on the company website between February and October, According to Reuters.. Wal-Mart will also offer a $ 20 gift card to customers returning aromatherapy sprays.

“As part of the recall, Wal-Mart actively implemented plans to notify customers and prevent further product sales while federal agencies continued their investigations,” said Wal-Mart.

The CDC also said it had contacted the Indian spray manufacturer to understand if the ingredients used in the recalled spray were used in other products. The CDC also tests to see if other scents of the aromatherapy spray are contaminated.

Aromatherapy sprays sold by Walmart cause deadly bacterial infections | Walmart

Source link Aromatherapy sprays sold by Walmart cause deadly bacterial infections | Walmart

Back to top button