Atlanta, Georgia 2021-11-30 04:15:00 –
Atlanta (CBS46) —Today, Atlanta voters will vote again in a final vote to determine who will be the next mayor of Atlanta. Many city council seats are also running.
Before that, here’s what you need to know:
Who will run for the election?
The current Mayor of Keisha Lance Bottoms is not seeking another term and will resign in early 2022. The chairman of the city council will take over for her. Felicia Moore Or city council member Andre Dickens. Only two candidates appear on the mayor’s voting form.
NS City council president race It is also heading for an outflow. Running councilors Natalin Archibong and Doug Shipman.
Other council races Here’s how to go for the spill:
- District 1: Nathan Club and Jason Winston
- District 3: Byron Amos and Erica Estrada
- District 4: Jason Dozier and Cleta Winslow (incumbent)
- District 5: Liliana Baftiari and Amanda “Mandy” Mahoney
- District 12: Antonio Lewis and Joyce Shepard (incumbent)
What is a run-off election?
The final vote is taken when no candidate has won the required majority, or 50% of the votes. Of the 14 candidates running for mayor, Felicia Moore received about 40% of the votes and Andre Dickens received about 23% of the votes. The rest of the votes went to other candidates.
How can I vote?
- Register to vote.You can check the registration status here..
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of the final vote.
- Have a government-issued photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, passport, etc.)
- Being a US citizen.
- Being a legal resident of Atlanta.
- Make sure you are not currently convicted of a felony with moral confusion.
- Make sure you are not recognized by the judge as mentally incompetent.
Need another absentee ballot?
Yes, if you vote for absentee ballots, you will need to request a new vote to count in the final vote. The absentee ballot of voters who have already submitted the application must be delivered by mail by November 30th.Last day of absentee ballot application The spill is November 19th. To request an absentee ballot click here.
Can I still vote?
No, the deadline for voting registration for the final vote on November 30th is October 4th. You can vote in the final vote only if you have already registered for voting.
Where to vote
Vote directly on election day
- Plan to arrive at the designated polling place from 7am to 7pm on November 30th.
- Find a polling place click here Then enter your information.
- Please bring your government-issued photo ID.
- If you are unable to provide proper ID, plan to vote for a provisional vote.
- Avoid clothing that shows support for the candidate, shows the candidate’s name, or makes slogans or statements that promote the candidate. Georgia law prohibits campaigns that include clothing within 150 feet of the polling place.
Vote directly before election day
- Early voting can be done at any time before November 2nd.
- Fill out the voting form and Verified drop box.
- Alternatively, find the assigned early voting center in the following ways: Please click here.
Exercise of voting rights by mail
- Request an absentee ballot here. Applications can be submitted by mail, email, or fax.
- The return address must be included in the absentee ballot. Please mail the completed voting form to the designated address provided.
Note: All absentee votes must arrive at the county election office by 7 pm on Election Da (November 30).
For more information on voting, click here.
Copyright 2021 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). all rights reserved.
Atlanta’s Runoff Election: When and where to vote | News Source link Atlanta’s Runoff Election: When and where to vote | News