Atlanta, Georgia 2021-02-23 12:06:38 –
Atlanta, Georgia (CW69 News at 10) – A federal judge in Canton, Nathaniel Barber, Nathaniel Barber, at age 40, was accused of trying to leave the country with a cell phone and tablet containing over 100 files of child pornography. He was sentenced to imprisonment. According to a statement from the Federal Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia.
The barber belonged to an online group that shared child pornography videos and photos.
According to Deputy Federal Attorney Kurt R. Erskine, the accusations and other information presented in court are:
- In January 2020, a Homeland Security Special Agent was informed that Nathaniel Barber may have traveled abroad to commit a sex crime against a minor.
- The agent learned that he had purchased a ticket for a flight to the Philippines and left Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport on January 28, 2020.
- The agent approached the hairdresser at the boarding gate and asked about his trip
- The barber denied traveling to the Philippines to have sex with someone under the age of 18, but admitted that he had child pornography on his tablet and cell phone.
- A forensic search for the item revealed that Barber joined an online group and members posted and shared child pornography.
- The barber downloaded seven videos of child pornography and 133 images, including much of the material depicting a girl under the age of 10 being sexually abused.
The barber pleaded guilty to attempting international transport of child pornography on November 17, 2020. A federal judge sentenced him to five years in prison, followed by ten years of supervision release, and ordered him to pay a special assessment of $ 5,100.
Canton Man Sentenced For Attempted Overseas Transport Of Child Pornography – CBS Atlanta Source link Canton Man Sentenced For Attempted Overseas Transport Of Child Pornography – CBS Atlanta