New Orleans, Louisiana 2021-09-13 20:00:00 –
1. Catholic (2-0): Class 5A Bears, ranked 20th in the MaxPreps Top 25 this week, is the logical choice to lead this group. The victory over active 5A champion Acadiana is impressive, followed by West Monroe.
2. The Curry (2-0): In two weeks, Class 5A Broncos outperformed their opponents 97-8. Saturday’s match in New Orleans vs. St. Augustine provides an important test for the outstanding Zachary team at all stages of the match so far.
3. Scottish Building (1-0): Hurricane Aida prevented the Hornets from playing in the first week. In the second week, they quickly put things together and recorded an impressive Thursday victory over East Ascension. SHS is hosting Warren Easton … Another solid test.
4. Madison Prep (2-0) and University (2-0): Currently, it is difficult to separate these two Class 3A teams. Two major wins over the Class 5A team put the Class 3A U-High at the top and the Baton Rouge elite team at the top. 3A champion Madison Prep expelled St. Thomas More in the first week and defeated rival Southern Labs in the second week. I like a lot about these teams.
6. Southern Lab (0-1): The kitten led Madison Prep in the fourth quarter of the game last Thursday. Yes, Southern Lab is a Class 1A team. However, the kitten wants to return a wealth of experience and prove that he can move beyond this year’s semifinals.
7. Wood Lawn (0-1): There is no doubt about the talent and potential of Class 5A Panthers. They played in the first week after losing one point to Madison Prep in the Jamboree and before losing to U-High last week. It will be interesting to see how this wood loan team evolves.
8. Dutch Town (1-0): Griffins easily beat long-time Shreveport Power Evangel Christians, starring RB Dylan Sampson. DHS is one of the teams that may rise to the top of this list as the season progresses.
9. East Ascension (0-1): Its second week’s defeat to the Scottish Building was severe, and it came after a three-week furlough. Like its rival Woodlawn in District 5-5A, EAHS is endowed with size and skill. It’s worth a look at how Spartans will use these gifts in the coming weeks.
10. Danum School (1-1) and Liberty (1-0): After a great first week victory over the Parkview Baptist, the Class 2A Tigers left the comfort zone and played a 5A Mandeville on the street. Don’t be surprised if the loss was built by Danum. Liberty is expected to have a learning curve in the first varsity season. It can still be a problem. But a big win over White Castle is a great starting point and enough to pinpoint the spot for this group. Can they keep it? It’s also worth a look.
Other notes: Ascension Catholic (0-0), Brasserie (2-0), Central (1-1), Denham Springs (1-0), Istruma (1-0), Plachemin (0-1), Port Allen (1-1) ), St. Amant (1-0), Walker (0-1).
Check out the Baton Rouge area High School Football Top 10 for Sept. 14 | High School Sports Source link Check out the Baton Rouge area High School Football Top 10 for Sept. 14 | High School Sports