New Orleans, Louisiana 2021-09-11 20:00:00 –
RED STICK FLY FISHERS Program: 7:00 pm, Room 204, Adult Education Building, Broadmoor Methodist, 10230 Molly Lee, Baton Rouge. Website: rsff.org..
Pigeons: South Zone, until September 18th. North Zone: Until September 26th.
Deer / Archery: September 18-January. 15, state deer areas 3, 7, 8, 10.
Thiel: State-wide until September 26th.
- Waddill Wildlife Refuge & Education Center, 4142 North Flannery Rd. Was closed after being damaged by Hurricane Ida until further notice.
- Elmers Island, Pointe-aux-Chenes WMA pigeon fields, and all state parks in the south-south and southeastern parishes were closed indefinitely for hurricane Ida.
- All state-wide September 25 National Hunting and Fishing Day activities have been cancelled.
- All Shirburn WMA shooting ranges are open, except when Mondays are closed to continue repairs.
- The launch of the US90 boat on the Middle River of the Pearl River System was closed for repairs.
- Pearl River-Honey Island Shooting Range (Pearl River WMA) has been closed for repairs.
- Hunter education classes have resumed. Website: wlf.louisiana.gov/page/hunter-education..
- Drawdowns on the False River and Lake Henderson are underway to reduce sediment impact and improve sportsfish habitat.
Fishing / shrimp fishing
Open recreation season: Red snapper (Friday-Sunday season), amberjack, triggerfish, some snapper species, and all groupers except Goliath and Nassau groupers in state / federal waters.
Shrimp: The coasts and open seas of all states are open.
Closed: Commercial King Macarel (hook & line; gill net) in the Southern Gulf of Mexico zone. Commercial capture of large coastal sharks (large coastal and hammerhead sharks) was closed in state and federal waters until 31 December. Blacktip reef shark capture remains open.
Around the corner
September. 26-South Louisiana High Power Club Match: 7:30 am, squad. Ascension Parish Sheriffs Range on St. Laundry Road in Gonzales at 8am within range. NRA match rifle or service rifle, 200 yards / 50 round match course. Fees are $ 12 for members, $ 15 for non-members, and $ 5 for juniors. $ 15 per year club and Civilian Marksmanship Program membership (available for purchase from CMP). Email RickMol: email@example.com
Check out the Outdoors calendar for LDWF updates | Sports Source link Check out the Outdoors calendar for LDWF updates | Sports