Kansas City, Missouri 2022-06-29 09:55:52 –
The father committed suicide outside Chesterfield, Virginia, after police said he had put his 18-month-old son in a hot car on Tuesday. The child also died.
At around 11:42 am after his father called his relatives, the family called the Chesterfield police to talk about the death of the child and what he was going to do.
“As [police officers] “When they arrived, they put a car with open doors and an empty child seat on the driveway. Vehicles. When they entered,” said Lieutenant Christopher Hensley of the Chesterfield Police Department. [Aldengate Road] In the dwelling, they found an 18-month-old dead inside. As they continued to look around the dwelling, they found an adult man who died of an apparent gunshot wound in a wooded area behind the house. “
Police said the child appeared to have been left in the car for up to three hours, but more law enforcement agencies are continuing to investigate.
“At some point, the father noticed that the child was in the car, and then apparently returned to his residence and took the child inside. Then the police were called and the situation continued. “Hensley said.
Hensley called this situation “a horrific tragedy at so many levels.”
“Our heart is directed at family and friends who are trying to deal with this,” he said. “But we will neglect to take the opportunity to capture this moment and understand how important it is obviously to check your car as you pass.”
The Department of Road Safety has provided five pieces of advice to assist adult drivers transporting children.
- Do not leave your child in the car, even if the windows are partially open, the engine is running and the air conditioner is on.
- Make it a habit to check the entire vehicle (front and back) before locking the door and leaving.
- If your child does not appear for care as expected, ask your child care provider to call you.
- Another thing to check before locking is to put your personal belongings such as a wallet or briefcase in the back seat. Write a note or put the stuffed animal in the passenger seat to remind you that your child is in the back seat.
- Keep your car keys out of the reach of children and tell them that the car is not a playground.
This article is Written by WTVR.
Child dies in hot car, father takes his own life Source link Child dies in hot car, father takes his own life