Bakersfield, California 2021-01-13 15:34:00 –
The Kern County Community Health Initiative, which is part of the Mercy and Memorial Hospital’s Special Needs and Community Outreach division, helps Kern residents get or renew their health insurance.
According to a news release from Dignity Health, the Community Health Initiative’s services are free and designed to allow clients to:
• Submit a new application for Medi-Cal or Covered California
• Complete renewal application for Medi-Cal or Covered California
• Register for Medicare (supported by CHI Napa Life & Health Agents)
• Report income changes to Medi-Cal or Covered California
• Health insurance and doctor choice
• Appoint a doctor or specialist
• Understand their health insurance
• Solving eligibility issues
• Solving medical service problems
The Community Health Initiative will provide telephone assistance Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm. Assistance is also available on Saturday, January 16th and Saturday, January 30th.
If you have any questions or need assistance with registration, please call 632-5018.
The news release states that Californians may need to have health insurance or be subject to state tax fines. It also states that Covered California’s Open Enrollment will end on January 31st.
Community Health Initiative of Kern County to assist residents enroll in, renew their health insurance | News Source link Community Health Initiative of Kern County to assist residents enroll in, renew their health insurance | News