Omaha, Nebraska 2020-10-17 14:12:12 –
Omaha, Nebraska (KMTV) — KMTV updates this story with the latest numbers as cases of coronavirus arrive across our region on Saturday. Check for updates frequently. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
Douglas County Health Department
- 372 additional positive COVID-19 cases, a total of 19,589 cases
- No additional deaths
- A total of 214 deaths in counties related to COIVD-19
- 14,194 inhabitants recovered
- As of Friday, metropolitan hospitals had 217 medical and surgical beds available with an occupancy rate of 84%.
- 65 ICU beds available at 80% occupancy rate
- 135 inpatients diagnosed with COVID-19 and 24 additional interested parties
- Twelve people confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19 were on ventilator
Iowa reports a record date for the outbreak of long-term care. Let’s take a look at the latest data.
5 new deaths
Total death toll 1,526
1,544 new cases
106,150 in total
Outbreak of 63 nursing homes pic.twitter.com/K5aS43zDHX
— Courtney Jones (@CourtneyJohnsTV) October 17, 2020