Tulsa, Oklahoma 2021-06-09 01:02:47 –
No. 9/8 Oklahoma State University’s softball team (13 wins and 1 loss overall) will hold an OSU / Tulsa Invitational at Cowgirl Stadium this weekend to open its home base.
Cowgirls will face Omaha on Friday, March 5, New Mexico on Saturday, March 6, and Tulsa on Sunday, March 7.
See, hear, follow
All Oklahoma State Softball games this weekend will air on ESPN +, except for the match against Omaha at 5 pm on Friday. The game is also available on the KGFY 105.5 FM Stillwater Radio.
Fans can also follow live stats at okstate.statbroadcast.com.
In the ranking
Oklahoma ranked 8th in the second week ESPN.com/ Top 25 and 9th in the US Softball University NFCA Coach Voting. OSU moved up one place in the NFCA coach vote after defeating No. 11/13 LSU twice last weekend and splitting the match against No. 9 Louisiana. OSU entered the 2021 season and was ranked in the top 10 for the first time since 1994 in preseason voting.
This week’s OSU opponents aren’t in the rankings. ESPN.com/ USA Softball University Top 25 or NFCA Coach Vote.
Oklahoma seen from a distance
With 14 games in the 2021 season, Oklahoma seems to be as advertised. The cowgirl is currently 13 wins and 1 loss a year and has just finished the weekend of winning three of the four games against the top 15 opponents. The Cowgirls also set the longest consecutive win program record, winning 24 games in a row, dating back to last season.
In the circle, OSU found the depth to back up the outstanding 1-2 punches. Carry Evar And Kelly MaxwellSeven different cowgirls recorded innings in the circle in just 14 games, compared to just three in 24 games last season.
Oklahoma has returned to All-American, leading Oklahoma. Arisen FeverlyHas recorded .489 this season and has recently recorded 17 consecutive hits. Scientific factor And Chelsea Alexander Participate in Feverly with a batting average of .450 or higher. As a team, cowgirls are ranked among the top 25 in the country in batting average, scoring, doubles and stolen bases.
Notable streaks and trends
- Cowgirls are off to a great start since the 1998 season when OSU joined WCWS with 13 wins and 1 loss.
- Cowgirls have won 24 of the last 25 games, dating back to last season.
- Cowgirls have won four out of five against ranked opponents this season and seven out of nine last season against ranked opponents dating back to last season. ..
- Kylie Naomi Has been successful in the last 36 stolen base attempts and has not been arrested for stolen bases since February 21, 2019.
- Sydney Pennington 161 consecutive appearances, which is equivalent to every conceivable match in her career.
- OSU has won 14 consecutive victories at Cowgirl Stadium since the 2019 season.
- Cowgirls are at the top of the nation with seven shutouts.
- The Cowgirls have taken 29 bases this season and are third in the NCAA.
- Kelly Maxwell Is ranked number one in the NCAA at 0.00 ERA.
- Carry Evar He is the leader in the Big 12, and has been the leader in the nation with five wins this season.
- Cowgirls have been ranked in NFCA votes in all of the last 100 games, dating back to the beginning of the 2019 season.
- Cowgirls outperformed their opponents by 96 to 30 in 2021.
- Arisen Feverly Recorded eight multi-hit games and six multi-RBI games leading the team.
Series history and this week’s opponents
Oklahoma leads the entire series with Omaha 4 to 1. In the final match of 2018, OSU won 16-3 in 5 innings.
Cowgirls and New Mexico have met many times over the years, with OSU leading the series 23-7. In Stillwater, OSU has a 3 to 0 advantage. When Cowgirl and Robo last played in 2018, OSU won 13 to 1 in a run-rule fashion.
Tulsa and OSU are familiar opponents with 54 battle experiences. OSU holds a series advantage, 32-22. When they last met in 2019, Oklahoma topped the list 3 to 2. In Stillwater, cowgirls have an 18 to 9 advantage over golden hurricanes.
Cowgirl Softball Set to Begin Homestand Source link Cowgirl Softball Set to Begin Homestand