Portland, Oregon 2021-09-16 11:29:45 –
Disclaimer: Shannon Quimby is sponsored by Par Lumber.
KOIN, Oregon — It’s time to create in Quimby!
Our DIY expert Shannon Quimby has the perfect project for pet parents this fall. Save money and keep dog food away from the kitchen floor with this fashionable dog dish stand!
DIY dog cooking:
- Two dog dishes, diameter 6 1⁄2 “diameter
- 4 6 inch tapered wood legs
- Cut into 1 x 10 pieces of wood, 20 inches long.Tree species, Engelmann spruce / Lodgepole pine
- Tape measure
- 6 inch hole saw
- Drill bit, size should be slightly smaller than exposed tapered wooden screws
- Wood glue
- 150 grit sandpaper
- Wood wax sealant
- Place the bowls upside down on the board and measure each so that they are equally apart from the center of the board. Do not get too close to each outer edge so that you do not hit your legs.
- Outline each bowl and set it aside
- Measure and mark the center of each bowl
- Drill each hole in each dog’s dish using a 6-inch hole saw
- Polish all edges, including both holes, and wipe wood dust
- Measure the inside of each corner on the underside of the board and mark it as 1 inch
- At each corner, use a drill bit to drill a 1/4 inch deep hole at each corner mark and wipe off any dust.
- Apply wood wax sealant to all four legs and board according to product instructions.Be careful not to get wax in the drill holes
- Wipe off excess wax and buff at the same time
- Place the board face down, apply a small amount of glue to each hole and screw in the legs. Let it dry.
- Turn the whole over and put the bowl inside
For more resources and timber, please visit: www.parrlumber.com..
Create with Quimby: DIY dog dish Source link Create with Quimby: DIY dog dish