Milwaukee, Wisconsin 2021-09-24 15:11:23 –
Dane County announced Thursday that it will award $ 8.2 million to support the construction of seven affordable housing projects.
County executive Joe Parisi said in a news release that the money would help build 465 new affordable units in the county. The award will come from an affordable housing fund in Dane County.
This money will help develop 276 new affordable housing units at DeForest, Monona, Oregon and Sun Prairie. The city of Madison will get an additional 189 affordable units.
The county’s Affordable Housing Fund has invested $ 25.7 million in affordable housing projects since it was created with Dane County’s 2015 budget. The award is projected to create about 1,837 affordable units, 43% in Madison City and 57% elsewhere in the county.
The projects for this year’s funding round are:
- MSP Real Estate Inc of 79 units at The Heights Apartments on 2208 University Avenue in Madison. $ 1,450,000.
- $ 1,310,000 at Lincoln Avenue Capital, a 70-unit Summit Ridge Apartment on 4649 Verona Avenue in Madison.
- Northpointe Development II Corp on CC Lane, a 50-unit project of 5227.$ 640,000 county RD CC, Oregon.
- Northpointe Development II Corp at Broadway Lofts on 1208 E. Broadway in Monona. $ 1,260,000.
- Habitat for Humanity of Dane county, Northpointe Development II Corp. And in collaboration with the Dream Lane Real Estate Group, Sun Prairie’s 1050 E. Main St. For prairie leak senior apartments and town homes in.
- 1802-1814-1818 Packers Ave. And 2102 Schlimgen Ave., $ 860,000 to Odessa Affordable Housing at Avenue Square Apartments in Madison.
- $ 1,256,801 for the Pederson Reserve MWF property north of DeForest’s 6639 Pederson Crossing Boulevard.