Bakersfield

Day 1: Adventist Health Bakersfield begins vaccination of teachers and agricultural workers | News – Bakersfield, California

Bakersfield, California 2021-02-22 22:26:00 –

It’s very easy to find on social media the residents of Bakersfield who appear to be determined to sneak into the COVID-19 vaccine.

Ryan Mulder, a teacher at Grimmway Academy, is clearly not one of them.

“I’m thrilled, thrilled, and thrilled to be vaccinated. Today is a deficit day,” said Mulder, shortly after receiving the Pfizer vaccine at Adventist Health Bakersfield on Monday, in Kern County. Teachers and farmers are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.

“This will make me safer, my family safer, and my students safer,” Malder said. “This is a miracle in your arms, hey. People should be lined up around the block.”

According to state guidelines, 30% of current vaccine allocations are available to people working in education, agriculture, food, childcare and emergency services. The remaining 70% is allocated to people over the age of 65.

Amy Ritchie, an educator of the Edible Schoolyard program at Grimmway Academy, said she sees vaccination as an obligation to students, their families, and the larger community.

“I think it protects me, but it also protects the children and the community I work for,” Ritchie said. “It would be lazy for me not to do so.”

Kiyoshi Tomono, a spokesman for Adventist Health, said vaccinations are by appointment.

“Otherwise, it’s out of control,” he said.

He said that there are so many moving parts, such as the amount of vaccine available, the number of staff available, equipment, indoor space, etc., that the vaccine is stored at a very low temperature until it is ready for use. It was.

According to Tomono, all major healthcare providers in the county are focused on plans to increase immunization rates in the county.

“We are working on several mobile initiatives,” he said, designed to increase the number of vaccinations in rural and suburban communities.

Educators and farmers were vaccinated, so others who had already received the shot had to wait the necessary 15 minutes before leaving.

“My job is to monitor people who have just been vaccinated,” said Loupe Turner, a registered adventist nurse.

Turner didn’t look tired as his enthusiasm was transmitted to his patients on Monday after 43 years of medical care.

“I was very lucky to be able to participate in this and help people,” she said.

On Monday, she was part of the team’s efforts to stop the coronavirus forever.

Reporter Stephen Mayer can be reached at 661-395-7353. Follow him on Facebook and Twitter: @semayerTBC.

Day 1: Adventist Health Bakersfield begins vaccination of teachers and agricultural workers | News Source link Day 1: Adventist Health Bakersfield begins vaccination of teachers and agricultural workers | News

Back to top button