Denver, Colorado 2021-10-20 21:42:12 –
Denver – The rest of the drug can have dangerous consequences, with millions of unused prescription drugs being removed from the streets each year through the United States Drug Enforcement Department’s (DEA) National Prescription Drug Enforcement Department.
In connection with Take Back Day, HealthONE Hospital hosts 3 hospitalsrd The annual “Crush the Crisis” opioid regains the day to raise awareness of the dangers of opioid misuse and proper disposal of medicines.
Opioid addiction is a national health crisis. In fact, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 70,630 Americans died from drug overdose in 2019, with more than 70% due to opioids. A significant number of opioid addiction and deaths from overdose come from individuals who access unused opioid prescriptions from family and friends.
Collected by law enforcement officers from various police stations at the following five Health One locations: Hydromorphone (Norco, Lortab, Vicodin), Oxycodone (Oxycontin, Percoset), Tramadol (Ultram), Codeine, Fentanyl Tablets , Capsules, patches (Duragic), morphine, hydromorphone (Dilaudid) and oxymorphone (Opana).
All medicines are accepted. However, officers cannot accept needles, syringes, lancets, inhalers, or liquids.
Officers are at the following locations on Saturdays from 10 am to 1 pm:
- Centennial Hospital, 14200 E Arapahoe Rd, Centennial, CO (front entrance to the hospital on the south side of the facility facing Briarwood Ave)
- Aurora Medical Center, 1501 South Potomac Street, Aurora, Colorado (parking lot between E. Arkansas Drive and E. Louisiana Avenue on Potomac Street, north of the hospital)
- North Suburban Medical Center, Thornton Police Station, 9551 Civic Center Drive, Thornton, Colorado (collection area will be a parking lot in front of the police station)
- Sky Ridge Medical Center, 10101 RidgeGate Parkway, Lone Tree, CO (Patient discharge area near the emergency department on the southeast side of the campus)
- Swedish Medical Center, 501 E. Hampden, Englewood, CO (Parking lot just south of the hospital, near the main circle driveway in Hampden)
Other locations for prescription drug drop-offs can be found at TakeBackDay.DEA.gov..
Dispose of medications safely on Drug Take Back Day Source link Dispose of medications safely on Drug Take Back Day