Omaha, Nebraska 2021-09-17 12:13:18 –
Omaha, Nebraska (KMTV) — On Friday, the Douglas County Health Department confirmed 257 new cases of COVID-19 and two more deaths since midnight Thursday.
The COVID-related deaths reported on Friday were unvaccinated women in their 60s and vaccinated women in their 80s. The total number of COVID-19 deaths since the pandemic began is currently 770.
Additional coronavirus numbers received by the health department on Thursday afternoon:
- Medical and surgical beds accounted for 87% and 181 beds were available
- Adult ICU beds were occupied at a rate of 86% and 41 beds were available
- 187 hospitalized people were diagnosed with COVID-19
- 63 COVID patients receiving adult ICU level care
- Six pediatric patients out of inpatients were identified
- 4 additional COVIDs-19 people of interest (usually waiting for test results)
- Twenty-nine people who were confirmed or suspected of being infected with COVID-19 were on mechanical ventilation.
Douglas Co. reports 2 more COVID-19 deaths, 257 new cases Source link Douglas Co. reports 2 more COVID-19 deaths, 257 new cases