Cleveland, Ohio 2021-10-24 11:55:18 –
(NEXSTAR) – Many drivers are looking for a ridiculously low-priced dream gas station as national average petrol prices continue to skyrocket. But did you know that you can save money just by changing the way you drive?
The national average of regular gasoline on Friday reached $ 3.378 per gallon. NS.. That’s up four cents since Monday, and given the tight supply, the pumps aren’t reassuring in the near future.
But soaring gas prices didn’t affect all states equally last week. These states have seen the largest surges on average since last Thursday: Connecticut (+13 cents), North Carolina (+13 cents), Florida (+13 cents), Road Island (+12 cents), New York. (+12 cents), Tennessee (+12 cents), New Jersey (+12 cents), Massachusetts (+12 cents), New Hampshire (+11 cents), Vermont (+10 cents).
If you live in the western United States, Illinois, Alaska, or Hawaii, which have the highest gas prices, we encourage you to be creative to keep your fuel costs down. In fact, long before you arrive at a gas station, you have the opportunity to start saving some cash.
According to AAA, these 10 driving tips will help you minimize your bill.
- Did you get a heavy leg? Start “Jack Rabbit” and stop accelerating violently.
- Don’t make it idle. If the car has been stopped for more than 60 seconds, stop the engine to save gas.
- Do you get a red light? Stop accelerating and let the car coast to the traffic lights until it’s time to brake.
- You may love your car dearly, but don’t waste money on premium fuels unless the manufacturer recommends or requires it.
- Would you like to go on a week-long camping trip right away? Remove the roof rack and top carrier, which can have a significant impact on fuel economy.
- Feel free to use the air conditioner. Even at highway speeds, open windows have less impact on fuel economy than the engine power required to operate the compressor of an air conditioner.
- If you have a manual transmission, shift up as soon as possible and save fuel with a “skip shift” if practical.
- Did you time the traffic light where you live? To save fuel, slow down and synchronize the vehicle speed with the green light.
- When accelerating, shift up the automatic transmission faster, lower the engine speed, and go smoothly in the process to save gas.
- Inflate the tires properly — soft tires mean that the car needs to function more than it needs to. It also becomes difficult to handle and increases the risk of punk in the long run.
See more fuel economy tips from NS..
Suggest a fix
driving tips to save on gas Source link driving tips to save on gas