Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 2021-10-26 10:30:12 –
A company’s Community Impact Grant Program that grants up to $ 10,000 to support public art, green spaces, and more
Pittsburgh — The Duquesne Light Company (DLC) has announced the next cycle of the Community Impact Grants (CIG) program, which continues to support diverse grassroots community organizations in Allegheny and Beaver counties. program, Released in April this year As DLC’s new signature charitable donation initiative, we recognize eligible nonprofits with grants of up to $ 10,000 to fund projects and programs that benefit the Pittsburgh region.
Qualified organizations can apply for funding in one of four areas:
- Public art: Murals, installations, community art events
- Green space: Community gardens, park upgrades and restorations
- Community safety and energy efficiency: Purchasing energy-efficient equipment and improving local safety
- Connectivity and Technology: Access to or increased access to technology, and purchase of equipment to support educational programming and development
“We were overwhelmed by the positive response from the first grant cycle, where we received and were awarded applications from more than 130 valuable organizations across the service area. $ 100,000 grant to 22 people“Sam Hartzman, DLC Community Relations Manager, said. “We strongly encourage you to apply for a new organization and re-apply for an organization that was not initially selected. We also welcome applications from the leadership of women, BIPOC and LGBTQ +. The goal is that this will be a long-term program that will be able to support many organizations and their beneficiaries over the next few years. “
In this brief introductory video, Several CIG recipients from this past spring share how grants are benefiting the organization.
“The CIG program represents a long history of compassion and stewardship in the DLC community,” added DLC Chief Customer Officer Dave Johnson. “Through these grants, organizations will have important resources to expand their mission and continue to support the prosperity of the Pittsburgh region.”
To be eligible for a grant, your organization must do the following:
- A 501c3 nonprofit or state equivalent, or an organization that receives financial support from a registered 501c3 or state equivalent.
- Meet the DLC Charitable Donation Program Guidelines listed in the Program Frequently Asked Questions
- Serving Allegheny and / or Beaver County Residents
- Have one Annual operating budget of $ 500,000 or less And / or a specific target project
- Large budget organizations that are not applied on behalf of smaller organizations or community groups are not considered.
Do not use the funds for capital campaigns or overheads.
Application process and grant distribution
The CIG program has two annual cycles: late winter / early spring and late summer / early autumn.
The organization of interest is Apply online Fall 2021 cycle. The application deadline is October 29th (Friday).
All applications will be reviewed by the DLC Employees Committee. Applicants will receive a final decision by email within 6 weeks of the end of the application period. Granted organizations will be posted on the DLC website and promoted on social media.
For more information on the program and application process, please visit: DuquesneLight.com/CIG..
About Duquesne Light Company
The Duquesne Light Company (DLC) is more than just keeping the lights on. It empowers the moment of the customer’s life. As a next-generation energy company, DLC’s more than 1,700 employees are dedicated to providing reliable and safe energy to more than 500,000 customers in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Duquesne Light Company reopens grant application process for local grassroot organizations Source link Duquesne Light Company reopens grant application process for local grassroot organizations