Atlanta, Georgia 2021-10-11 08:22:00 –
Atlanta (CBS46) — Within 30 days, several Georgia cities and counties will vote for new leadership. In Atlanta, the mayor’s seat and some city council seats are at stake. And when early voting begins on Tuesday, many voters are already preparing to hear their voice.
So how do you ensure that ballots are counted? Here is a complete guide to voting in 2021.
Are you qualified?
Here are some ways to verify that you are eligible to vote.
- Being a US citizen.
- Being a legal resident of Georgia County.
- You must be at least 17 and a half years old to register and be 18 years old by November 2nd.
- Make sure you are not currently convicted of a felony with moral confusion.
- Make sure you are not recognized by the judge as mentally incompetent.
Register for voting
Then make sure you’re already registered to vote in Georgia. To do that click here Then enter your information.
Request for absentee ballot
The final day to request an absentee ballot for the November 2 election is October 29.Request ballot here.
Make sure you know when to vote
Knowing when to vote is just as important as registering. Here’s a list of important dates you need to know when counting votes.
To see where you need to go to vote on election day click here.
What should I bring on election day?
As the election day approaches, you’ll want to start thinking about how you want to vote. In Georgia, voters can vote directly on election day, vote directly before election day, or mail.
Vote directly on election day
- Plan to arrive at the designated polling place from 7 am to 7 pm on November 2nd.
- Find a polling place click here Then enter your information. This varies from country to country.
- Please bring your government-issued photo ID
- If you are unable to provide proper ID, plan to vote for a provisional vote.
- Avoid clothing that supports the candidate, shows the candidate’s name, or has a slogan / statement that promotes the candidate. Georgia law prohibits campaigns involving clothing within 150 feet of the polling place.
Vote directly before the election day
- Early voting can be done at any time before November 2nd.
- Fill out the ballot and Verified dropbox.
- Alternatively, find the assigned early voting center in the following ways: Please click here.
Exercise voting rights by mail
- Request an absentee ballot here. Applications can be submitted by mail, email, or fax.
- The absentee ballot must include the sender’s address. Please mail the completed ballot to the designated address provided.
Note: All absentee votes must arrive at the county election office by 7 pm on Election Day.
Click for more information on voting registration and voting. here.
Copyright 2021 WGCL-TV (Meredith Corporation). all rights reserved.
Early voting begins: Here’s a full guide to casting your ballot in Atlanta | News Source link Early voting begins: Here’s a full guide to casting your ballot in Atlanta | News