New Orleans, Louisiana 2021-02-23 05:00:00 –
Between February and March, high school students throughout the Ascension Parish choose classes for the 2021-22 academic year. In addition to traditional college preparation courses, Ascension Public School offers more than 100 career and technical education courses for college, career-focused students in the real world for real-world success. Provides learning.
According to the news release, these programs are designed to transform student interests and natural abilities into career-ready skills: computer science, culinary arts, medical services, architecture and construction, multimedia production and manufacturing. We provide professional training in areas such as services and business management. ..
On February 11, the Acadian Ambulance was on the campus of Dutchtown High School and was soliciting a contract for a student of an emergency management engineer.
“Acadian ambulances are more than our graduate employers. They invest in our program to make sure students learn the latest industry standards and are ready to work on the first day. “Masu,” said Ronnie Harper, an EMR and EMT instructor and athletic at Dutchtown High School.
Senior Alexi Odland of Dutchtown High couldn’t hide her excitement about the possibility of joining the Acadian Ambulance team. “I’m part of the EMT program and the Acadia Explorer group because I want to be a paramedic. I did Allied Health, but this is more practical and you do a lot about your body. I will learn, “said Odland. “The fact that we are learning how to help others really teaches us about humility, and we can meet people from other schools and make lifelong friends.”
Senior Jacob Stewart of St. Amant High always wanted him to be an emergency medical worker. “I just love helping people. It’s in my blood because my mother is a nurse and my dad is a paramedic,” Stewart said. “This is all I want to do, so I think it’s helpful to be in the Jump Start Diploma Pathway because I can take intensive classes.”
East Ascension High Senior Breakstone pursued the EMT program for a variety of reasons. “I took this course because I was really looking forward to joining the medical field (after college). This is a great opportunity to start planning in favor of new people after graduating from high school. Meet and learn a lot of things you can’t get in a regular classroom. “
Career training programs are offered at all four high schools in Sorrento’s APPLE Digital Academy and Career Center, and the Pelican branch of related builders and contractors. Students enrolled in Ascension High School have the opportunity to take specialized courses offered at other high schools and centers. Below are the programs offered by location.
- Donaldsonville High School: Allied Health and Culinary Arts qualifying for Certified Patient Care, Certified Medical Assistant, ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certificate, and National Restaurant Association ProStart Achievement Certificate
- Dutchtown High School: Culinary Arts and Allied Health, which offers ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certificate, National Restaurant Association ProStart Certificate of Achievement, and EMT qualifications.
- St. Amant High: Allied Health, which provides credentials for certified patient care and certified medical assistants
- APPLe Digital Academy & Career Center: HVAC, Drone, Criminal Justice Offers HVAC Excellence Certification, FAA Part 107 — Remote Pilot Certification, and 911 Dispatcher Certification
- ABC Pelican (Industry Partner): NCCER Pipe Fitting Levels I and II, NCCER Electric Levels I and II, NCCER Millwright Levels I and II, AWS Welding Levels I and II, NCCER Scaffolding, and Construction Crafts that offer NCCER Rigging Qualification program
In addition to the programs listed, Ascension offers the following certification opportunities: ACT NCR WorkKeys Silver, ADDA Certified Apprentice Drafter, Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash Professional, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Visual Design, Autodesk. Inventor, Carpenters International Training, Fashion Design, FEMA, First Aid / CPR / AED, Louisiana MicroEnterprise, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, NCCER Core, Food Handler, Emergency Medical Responder, OSHA 10.
In addition to accredited courses, Ascension is hands-on for students through work-based learning programs such as Cooperative Marketing Education, Cooperative Office Education, General Cooperative Education, career and technical education internships at Allied Health, and CTE internships in information technology. Provide an experience.
Students interested in enrolling in a career and technical education program or internship can contact their high school career coach. For contact information and more information about these programs, please visit: www.apsb.org/CareerTech..
Enrollment underway for Ascension’s Career and Technical Education Programs | Ascension Source link Enrollment underway for Ascension’s Career and Technical Education Programs | Ascension