Kansas City

Ex-Kansas forward de Sousa found not guilty of battery | News – Kansas City, Missouri

Kansas City, Missouri 2021-08-05 17:14:12 –

Lawrence, Kansas (AP) —Thursday jury hasn’t been guilty of worsening battery after former Kansas forward Silvio de Souza hit a man in the face at the New Year’s bar battle. I admitted that.

De Sousa praised God, hugging his lawyer following the jury’s decision, The Kansas City Star report..

“I want to thank everyone who was with me along the way,” de Sousa told the newspaper.

Prosecutors alleged that de Sousa blinded 32-year-old Shawnee-born Grant Davis with one eye during the Battle of Bar in Lawrence on January 1, 2020.

De Sousa says he hit Davis with his open palm, but didn’t see it.

In October 2020, a few weeks after Lawrence police sent an affidavit and police report to the Douglas County District Attorney’s Office, prosecutors charged de Sousa.

The accusation occurred a little over a week after de Sousa He announced that he would opt out of the 2021 season..

De Sousa joined the Jayhawks in the middle of the 2017-18 season and helped reach the final four. However, after his name was revealed in an FBI investigation into college basketball corruption, he was forced to sit next season in a qualification question because of his role in the brawl against Kansas. Last year, 12 games were suspended.

Check with the Kansas City Star, the seller of this item, for copyright information.



Ex-Kansas forward de Sousa found not guilty of battery | News Source link Ex-Kansas forward de Sousa found not guilty of battery | News

Back to top button