Honolulu, Hawaii 2022-05-24 15:09:25 –
Honolulu (KHON2) — The University of Hawaii sent an email to students and staff on Tuesday stating that “on Wednesday, May 25, face masks will be needed indoors again” throughout the school system.
There is one exception. According to UH, students and faculty members do not need to wear masks when working alone or when they are more than 6 feet away from others.
UH said the restoration of this practice, consistent with current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommendations, was recommended by UH medical and public health experts and the Hawaii State Health Department and confirmed by UH leaders.
According to the UH, the resurgence of comprehensive indoor mask requirements will better protect the health of students and employees as all counties in the state, but the CDC is currently causing “high” levels of COVID-19 community infections. It is evaluated as being.
UH maintains the requirements for indoor face masks until “the level of COVID-19 infection in the condition is reduced”.
The university will immediately turn to yours if you test positive for COVID-19 and were on campus or at a UH facility. Each COVID-19 compatible team.
Do Do not report to the UH campus or facility if any of the following apply:
- You have a positive COVID-19 test and are isolated at home.
- It is COVID-19 and has new or worsening symptoms that may not be due to the existing condition.
- You have weakened immunity and are in close contact with COVID-19-positive individuals.
- You are not “up-to-date” about the vaccine and are in close contact with COVID-19 positive individuals. “Latest” means receiving all eligible COVID-19 vaccinations, including the first two vaccinations and booster immunization.
- It should be quarantined for 5 days from the date of the last exposure and may return to day 6 if there is no fever within the last 24 hours and the symptoms improve significantly. When returning to campus, always wear a proper mask and do not eat or drink around others until 10 days have passed.
- You are subject to government-issued or healthcare provider quarantine orders.
check out Other news From around Hawaii
To view the UH COVID-19 guidelines click here.
Face masks are required at UH campuses Source link Face masks are required at UH campuses