Kansas City, Missouri 2020-12-27 18:56:00 –
Shawnee, Kansas (KCTV)-A fire broke out in block 20800 on Shawnee’s W. 69th Terrace on Sunday morning, evacuating a family of five.
The fire was reported around noon on Sunday.
Five people in the house were evacuated before the crew arrived.
An investigator at the Seaney Fire Department confirmed that the fire started in the fireplace and spread to the walls.
Damage worth about $ 75,000 was reported.
“This fire is a good memory that reminds us to have an expert inspect and clean the fireplace at least once a year,” said Cory Sand, Deputy Chief of the Seaney Fire Department.
Renexa firefighters also helped put out the fire.
KCTV5.com is now with you on the go! Get the latest news updates and videos, StormTrack5 weather forecasts, weather radar, special research reports, sports headlines and more from KCTV5 News.
>> Click here / tap to download for free Mobile app.. <
Copyright 2020 KCTV (Meredith Corp.) All rights reserved.
Family displaced after fire erupts in Shawnee home | News Source link Family displaced after fire erupts in Shawnee home | News