New Orleans

FBI releases newly declassified record on Sept. 11 attacks – New Orleans, Louisiana

New Orleans, Louisiana 2021-09-12 05:37:00 –

Video above: US praises victims of 9/11 Late Saturday, the FBI prepares for a terrorist attack on September 11, 2001, with new secrets related to logistical support given to two Saudi hijackers Released the unlocked document. The details of this document do not provide evidence that hijackers have contacted fellow Saudi Arabians in the United States, but senior Saudi government officials have been involved in the plot. Released on the 20th anniversary of the attack, this document is the first disclosure record since the president. Joe Biden has ordered a declassification review of material that has not been made publicly available for years. The 16-page document summarizes a 2015 FBI interview with a man who had frequent contact with Saudi Arabians in the United States who helped the first hijacker arrive in the country before the attack. Other agencies will carry out declassification reviews and release possible documents in the next six months. He encountered pressure from the families of victims who had long sought records in proceeding in a proceeding in New York alleging that Saudi officials assisted hijackers. Events in New York, Pennsylvania, and Northern Virginia. Victims’ relatives had previously opposed Biden’s presence at ceremonial events, as long as the documents remained classified. The Saudi government has long denied involvement in the attack. The Saudi Arabian Embassy in Washington supported the complete declassification of all records as a way to “completely end unfounded claims against the Kingdom.” The embassy said the allegations that Saudi Arabia had colluded were “resolutely false.” The pile of documents was released at a politically sensitive time for the United States and Saudi Arabia, which had a strategic alliance, even in the most difficult cases. About the issue of counterterrorism. In February, the Biden administration released an intelligence assessment suggesting that it had killed U.S.-based journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018, but was criticized by the Democratic Party for avoiding the Crown Prince’s own direct punishment. I did. Relatives of the victim supported the publication of the document. As an important step in their efforts to link the attack to Saudi Arabia. Brett Eagleson, whose father Bruce was killed in an attack by the World Trade Center, said the release of FBI material “accelerates the pursuit of truth and justice.” Jim Klineler, a lawyer for the victim’s relatives, said in a statement. “The findings and conclusions of this FBI investigation examine the arguments we have made in the proceedings regarding the Saudi government’s liability for the 9/11 attack.” This document, along with the public evidence collected so far, how (-Kaida) worked in the United States with the active and knowledgeable support of the Saudi government. ” As for September 11, official involvement has been speculated since 15 out of 19 people were revealed immediately after the attack. The attacker was Saudi Arabia. Osama bin Laden, the leader of al-Qaeda at the time, was from a prominent family in Saudi Arabia. Nevertheless, al-Qaeda’s masterminded attacks were “individually funded by institutions or Saudi Arabian officials,” although a 2004 9/11 Commission report stated that Saudi-linked charities could have diverted. There is no evidence that. ” Particular scrutiny focused on the first two hijackers to arrive in the United States, Nawahua Alhazumi and Khalid Almidar, and the support they received. Shortly after arriving in Saudi Arabia in February 2000, they helped find and lease an apartment in San Diego, and had a relationship with the Saudi government and had previously attracted FBI surveillance, Omar Al Al, a Saudi citizen. A halal restaurant called Bayomi. According to the document, the restaurant meeting between Hazumi and Miharu was a “coincidence”, and the FBI during the interview repeatedly checked to see if its characteristics were accurate and in fact pre-adjusted. I tried. The basis of the document is that of a man who has applied for U.S. citizenship and has repeatedly contacted Saudi Arabians many years ago who said investigators provided “significant logistic support” to some of the hijackers. was. According to the document, one of his contacts was Bayomi. The man’s identity has been edited throughout the document, but he is described as working at the Saudi Consulate in Los Angeles. A certified diplomat at the Saudi Consulate in Los Angeles says an investigator led an extremist at his mosque. According to the document, correspondence analysis identified a seven-minute call from the phone of two brothers Thumairy, who became future detainees in a prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba in 1999, to the home phone of a Saudi Arabian family. I did. attack.

Video above: US honors victims of 9/11

Late Saturday, the FBI released a newly declassified document related to the backing aid given to two Saudi hijackers in preparation for the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. The details of this document indicate that the hijacker had contacted a fellow Saudi Arabian in the United States, but did not provide evidence that a senior Saudi government official was involved in the plot.

Released on the 20th anniversary of the attack, this document is the first investigation record released since President Joe Biden ordered a declassification review of undisclosed material for years. The 16-page document summarizes a 2015 FBI interview with a man who had frequent contact with Saudi Arabians in the United States who helped the first hijacker arrive in the country before the attack.

Last week, Biden ordered the Department of Justice and other agencies to conduct a declassification review and publish possible documents in the next six months. He encountered pressure from the families of victims who had long sought records in proceeding in a proceeding in New York alleging that Saudi officials supported the hijackers.

The heavily edited document was released on Saturday night, hours after Biden attended a commemorative event on September 11 in New York, Pennsylvania, and northern Virginia. Relatives of the victims previously opposed Biden’s presence at ceremonial events, as long as the documents remained classified.

The Saudi government has long denied involvement in the attack. The Saudi Arabian Embassy in Washington supported the complete declassification of all records as a way to “completely end unfounded claims against the Kingdom.” The embassy said the allegations that Saudi Arabia had colluded were “resolutely wrong.”

The pile of documents was released at a politically sensitive time, especially for the United States and Saudi Arabia, which had a strategic (albeit difficult) alliance on the issue of counterterrorism. In February, the Biden administration released an information assessment suggesting Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, who killed U.S.-based journalist Jamal Khashoggi in 2018, but from the Democratic Party for avoiding his own direct punishment. I was criticized.

Relatives of the victims supported the release of the document as an important step in their efforts to link the attack to Saudi Arabia. Brett Eagleson, whose father Bruce was killed in an attack at the World Trade Center, said the release of FBI material “accelerates the pursuit of truth and justice.”

Jim Klineler, a lawyer for the victim’s relatives, said in a statement:

“This document provides a blueprint for how (Al Qaeda) worked in the United States with the active and knowledgeable support of the Government of Saudi Arabia, along with the public evidence collected so far. I will, “he said.

It could also allow Saudi officials to exchange phones between them and al-Qaeda operatives, have “accidental meetings” with hijackers, and provide them with assistance in settling and finding flight schools. He added that it would be included.

As for September 11, there was speculation of official involvement shortly after the attack revealed that 15 of the 19 attackers were Saudis. Osama bin Laden, then al-Qaeda leader, came from a prominent family in the kingdom.

According to documents already declassified, the United States investigated Saudi diplomats and other diplomats associated with the Saudi government who knew the hijacker after arriving in the United States.

Nonetheless, a 2004 9/11 Commission report stated that a charity linked to Saudi Arabia may have diverted money to the group, but al-Qaeda’s masterminded attack was “the Saudi government as an institution or There is no evidence that senior Saudi Arabian officials have individually funded it. “

Of particular scrutiny were the first two hijackers arriving in the United States, Nawafal Hazumi and Khalid Almidar, and the support they received.

Shortly after arriving in Southern California in February 2000, they helped find and lease an apartment in San Diego at a halal restaurant, and Omar Albayomi, who had a relationship with the Saudi government and had previously gathered FBI surveillance. I met a Saudi citizen named. ..

Bayoumi describes the restaurant meeting between Hazmi and Mihdhar as a “coincidence”, and the FBI during an interview to see if the features are accurate or actually pre-arranged. I tried many times.

The 2015 interview that underpinned this document reiterated with Saudi citizens who applied for US citizenship and said a few years ago investigators provided “significant logistic support” to several hijackers. It was for a man who came into contact. According to the document, one of his contacts was Bayomi.

The man’s identity has been edited throughout the document, but he is described as working at the Saudi Consulate in Los Angeles.

Also mentioned in this document is Fahad al-Tumily, a diplomat certified at the Saudi Consulate in Los Angeles at the time, who said the investigators led the militants at his mosque. According to the document, correspondence analysis identified a seven-minute call from the phone of two brothers Thumairy, who were futurely detained in a prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, to the home phone of a Saudi family member in 1999.

Both Bayoumi and Thumairy left the United States a few weeks before the attack.

FBI releases newly declassified record on Sept. 11 attacks Source link FBI releases newly declassified record on Sept. 11 attacks

Back to top button