Washington, District of Columbia 2021-05-27 09:54:23 –
According to Pete Pilinger, a Montgomery County fire spokesman, firefighters responded to an apartment fire in Silver Spring, Maryland, evacuating several families, injuring firefighters and killing dogs.
Pete Pilinger, a spokesman for the Montgomery County Fire Department, said a fire in an apartment in Silver Spring, Maryland, evacuated several families, injured firefighters and killed dogs.
Montgomery County, Prince George’s County, and DC Fire Rescue Team units responded to a two-warning fire at Blair Park Garden Apartments on 7700 blocks on Eastern Avenue in Silver Spring around 7:30 pm Wednesday. ..
Piringer said more than 85 firefighters across multiple agencies worked to extinguish the large flames that completely swallowed the upstairs apartment.
One firefighter was injured and one dog died in the fire.
According to Pilinger, a power strip failure with multiple items plugged in near the bed is likely the cause of the fire.
The building was damaged by about $ 700,000.
(5/27) Update — 7703 Eastern Av; Origin, upstairs bedroom, multiple items, fan and dehumidifier, connected to power strip, near bed. Causes, accidental, malfunction / malfunction of plug-in power strips or other electrical components. Damage, total $ 700,000. One dog died. One FF injured https://t.co/EHBd5ysZot pic.twitter.com/UWVedzTWXT
— Pete Piringer (@mcfrsPIO) May 27, 2021
Firefighters in Montgomery County will return to the building on Thursday afternoon to provide safety checks, including an investigation into whether smoke detectors are functioning properly.
Below is a map of the area:
Like WTOP Facebook And follow Join this article and conversations about others on Twitter.
Sign up to get the latest news and daily headlines to your email inbox Here..
© 2021 WTOP. all rights reserved. This website is not intended for users within the European Economic Area.
Firefighter injured, dog dies in Silver Spring apartment fire Source link Firefighter injured, dog dies in Silver Spring apartment fire