Albuquerque, New Mexico 2020-11-21 16:13:25 –
Albuquerque, New Mexico (KRQE)-The US Department of Agriculture Forestry announced on Friday that it is seeking public opinion on a list of postponed maintenance projects under construction to raise funds for the Great American Outdoors Act for fiscal year 2022. did.
According to authorities, the project addresses the $ 5.2 billion postponed maintenance backlog of the Forest Department and provides public access and visitor access through repairs and rehabilitation of roads, trails, bridges, recreation sites and other facilities. The aim is to improve the quality of the experience.
The proposed projects were selected based on seven criteria.
- Reduction of postponed maintenance
- Promote forest management in the United States
- Improve the visitor experience
- Contribute to local economic development
- Improve visitor access
- Ensuring health and safety
- Leverage the contributions and resources of our partners
The Great American Outdoors Act will provide funding to enable federal land managers to take proactive steps to address postponed maintenance and other infrastructure projects on national forests and grasslands until 2025. .. The Department of Forestry says it is working closely with all interested stakeholders to ensure selected projects. Hundreds of people continue to meet local needs and visit and use national forests and grasslands. Maximize the benefits experienced by millions of Americans.
The general public must review the proposed list and provide feedback by November 30th. Information on how to send feedback is available on the Great American Outdoors Act web page.
- Forestry Department seeking public opinion on postponed maintenance projects
- “Dom Perignon” Trends on Twitter After Seeing Michigan Republican Leaders Drinking $ 495 Champagne at Trump Hotel
- BioPark penguins hoping to join the family in December
- A commercial driver was arrested for possession of £ 204.Marijuana
- New Mexico’s October unemployment rate drops from September
Forest Service asking public opinion on deferred maintenance projects Source link Forest Service asking public opinion on deferred maintenance projects