Florence, South Carolina 2021-06-03 13:32:07 –
Columbia, South Carolina (WCBD) – A major South Carolina health agency has partnered with the South Carolina Brewery Guild to improve vaccination rates for young adults.
According to data from the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Management, the 20-24 year old group is the least vaccinated group in the state and less than one of all vaccinated individuals. is.
That’s why they partnered to offer Johnson & Johnson single-dose vaccines at participating breweries throughout the state, including several low-country breweries, through the “Shot and Chaser” campaign. I am.
Free beer or soda will be provided to those who take shots from an on-site trained healthcare professional. (People who choose beer must be at least 21 years old.)
Some breweries also offer double-dose moderna vaccines.
“The DHEC partnership with the South Carolina Brewers Guild is the latest example of the innovation and non-conceptual thinking needed to overcome this pandemic,” said Dr. Edward Shimmer, director of DHEC. “Young adults are often busy traveling and very sociable, so to protect themselves and others when going to restaurants, spending vacations, and attending various events. We want to make sure we get the shots. This promotion will greatly help us reach that goal. “
DHEC encourages everyone who participates in free beer to drink responsibly and to comply with mask requirements or other precautions set by the brewery or the surrounding municipality.
Individuals are monitored for at least 15 minutes after receiving the injection, which is the standard observation period after vaccination. No medical insurance certification is required.
“Breweries throughout South Carolina are committed to a healthy community,” said Brooke Bristow, executive director of the South Carolina Brewers Guild. “As a small, local-minded company, citizens are our most valuable asset. If they aren’t healthy, we can’t be healthy. As part of this program, we partner with DHEC to brew many members. We are pleased to be able to extend vaccine access throughout the state. “
The breweries participating in Speedy are: (Janssen / Johnson & Johnson only)
- Seminar Brewing in Florence, Friday, June 11th, 4 pm-9pm
- Saturday, June 12: Tidal Creek Brewhouse, Myrtle Beach, 11 AM-4 PM
Or if you’d like to travel to Charleston … Participating breweries in the Charleston area (Janssen / Johnson & Johnson only):
- Thursday, June 10: Holy City Brewing in Charleston (3 pm to 6 pm)
- Friday, June 11: Charleston’s Edman’s Ost Brewing Company (3 pm-6pm)
- Saturday, June 12: Charleston Tradesman Brewing Company (3 pm-6pm)
- Thursday, June 17: Palmetto Brewing Company in Charleston (4 pm-7pm)
- Thursday, June 17: North Charleston’s Tidelands Brewing (4 pm-7pm)
- Friday, June 18: Commonhouse Aleworks in North Charleston (4 pm-7pm)
- Wednesday, June 23: Victor Hoppenstein’s Brewlab in Charleston 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Friday, June 25: Low tide brewing on Johns Island from 3 pm to 6 pm
- Friday, June 25: Charleston’s Cooper River Brewing (4 pm-7pm)
Free beer: New ‘Shot and a Chaser’ initiative encourages COVID-19 vaccines in young adults Source link Free beer: New ‘Shot and a Chaser’ initiative encourages COVID-19 vaccines in young adults