Fresno, California 2021-09-13 11:42:16 –
Fresno State University ranked third among public national universities in the 2022 Best College Rankings of the US News and World Report published on September 13th for the fifth consecutive year.
According to an analysis of US News Academic Insights data used in the magazine’s annual rankings, the university also ranked fifth overall in graduation performance among all national universities. Fresno State University has been ranked third among public universities in the last four years and was number one in 2017.
Graduation performance is compared to projected performance based on admission data, school funding, percentage of first-generation federal financial aid recipients, math and science orientation, and percentage of undergraduate recipients Use the actual 6-year graduation rate of the university you did Pell Grant.
“This ranking shows the determination and resilience of talented students from diverse backgrounds and experiences to realize their higher education dreams,” said Saúl Jiménez-Sandoval, President of Fresno State University, Fresno. Stated. “It’s also a commendation for outstanding faculty and staff who inspire and empower students. And this is the best part. Their success is higher in our community and in our valley. It is directly related to the quality of life. ”
The US News and World Report publishes the best college rankings of the last 37 years as a guide for students and parents to compare the quality of colleges and academics across the country. Rankings evaluate campuses by a variety of factors, including graduation and retention, faculty resources, academic reputation, financial resources, and graduation performance.
The latest ranking of the magazine rated 1,466 bachelor’s degree awarding institutions. Let’s look at other categories where Fresno State University continues to fulfill its mission of educating and empowering student success.
- Fresno State University was ranked 7th for economic diversity. This is a category that emphasizes schools with a high percentage of undergraduate students receiving the Federal Pergrant. That is, they come from low- to medium-income households.
- Lyles Tech’s undergraduate engineering program was ranked 53rd out of 246 universities, an improvement over 60th in the previous year.
- Fresno State University rose 5th from last year and ranked 21st in the social mobility of graduate students at schools that received the Federal Pergrant.
- In the new ranking, Fresno State University’s Undergraduate Nursing Program ranked 251st out of 694 institutions offering a bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- The university was one of the two California State Universities listed at San Diego State University, ranked 107th and 67th among all national public universities.
The reclassification of Fresno State University into the Carnegie PhD program in 2016 means that it has joined the top US research universities in the rankings created by the new publication. Fresno State University holds a PhD in Nursing, Physical Therapy, and Educational Leadership.
Fresno State University has been featured in several national university rankings for social mobility, research and service excellence over the years. Last month, the university was ranked 54th among the highest national universities in Washington Monthly’s 2021 University Rankings and was the only California State University to be in the Top 100. Category.
The university was ranked 7th in MONEY Magazine’s 2020 Most Transformative Colleges Best College Rankings. “Students beat the odds by performing better than expected from academic and financial backgrounds.” The magazine did not publish a college ranking list this year.
Fresno State ranks among nation’s best for graduation-rate performance Source link Fresno State ranks among nation’s best for graduation-rate performance