Wichita, Kansas 2020-11-22 15:57:17 –
Wichita, Kansas (KSNW) – Friends University will officially begin its holiday season with its annual “Ceremony of Lights” on Sunday, November 22nd.
The historic Davis Clock Tower Illumination Ceremony begins at 6 pm at Rose Window Plaza.
This year, the lights used to illuminate the Davis Tower were provided by Wichita’s Even Temp.
The Light Ceremony begins at 6 pm with a welcome from President Amy Bragg Carrie, a singing Quaker performance, and a reading of the Christmas story. Mayor Whipple announces the winners of the Student Club’s Christmas Tree, followed by the lighting of Friends University’s Christmas lights, including the iconic Davis Tower.
People should wear masks and follow social and social distance guidelines.
The event is free and open to the public and will also be held on Facebook LIVE.
- Friends University holds a Davis Tower lighting ceremony every year
- Miles of cars lined up for food gifts in Tyler Perry Atlanta
- Many suspects still injured after eight people were injured in a lively shooter incident in Wisconsin Mall
- “Toy Story” was a hit in theaters today 25 years ago
- A man arrested for a deadly attack at a Nebraska sonic restaurant
Friends University holds annual Davis tower illumination ceremony Source link Friends University holds annual Davis tower illumination ceremony