Honolulu

Frying pan left on the stove causes Kahaluu house fire in Hawaii – Honolulu, Hawaii

Honolulu, Hawaii 2021-01-16 19:07:04 –

Kaneohe, Hawaii (KHON2) — The cause of the two alarm fires in Kahaluu on Wednesday, January 13 was a frying pan left on the stove.

[Hawaii’s Breaking News–Download the FREE KHON2 app for iOS or Android]

It happened around 4:36 pm

The cost of the damage was determined to be $ 35,000 for the building and $ 5,000 for the contents.

The fire brigade responded to a Wyherod fire in a single-family home.

They found smoke coming out of the window.

The fire was controlled within 10 minutes.

The fire was contained in the kitchen and living room area.

One person who lived in the house was able to escape. However, she suffered one and two burns on her face and arms.

The firefighter was prone to her burns and transferred care to EMS. Burns are estimated to cover 13% of her body. The patient was transferred to Adventist Health Castle.

Smoke detectors were not heard at the first company on the scene.

The fire department tells you to extinguish the pot or pot, slide the pot or pot lid over the lit container, and turn off the top of the stove. Allow the pan or pan to cool on the stove. If you are uncertain about the safety of an extinguished fire, call the 911 fire department to investigate.

According to the fire department, cooking fires are the main cause of house fires in the United States.

Frying pan left on the stove causes Kahaluu house fire in Hawaii Source link Frying pan left on the stove causes Kahaluu house fire in Hawaii

Back to top button