Wichita, Kansas 2022-05-26 12:03:25 –
Wichita, Kansas (KSNW) —Next Kansas State Park, It is recommended to go to the library first. Some libraries in the state have a vehicle permit that allows you to check out for free.
Kansas State Park has partnered with the Kansas Public Library System to provide library patrons with daily vehicle permits. The permit can be used until December.
A daily vehicle permit provides permit holders with free admission to 28 state parks in Kansas.
How to use
- Visit your participating library and check your Kansas State Park Vehicle Permit. Click here to see a list of participating libraries.
- Each vehicle permit issued is valid for one day only and is printed on the front of the permit.
- Regular customers who use a daily vehicle permit must display the permit on the windshield of their vehicle when entering Kansas State Park.
- There is no need to return the park permit to the participating libraries. They can be disposed of after use or when the permit has expired.
- The checkout process may vary depending on the participating library. It is the responsibility of each library to determine the number of permits that can be checked out at any time and the total number of permits that regular customers of each library can check out. Please contact your nearest participating library for more information.
“We promise to keep Kansas State Park accessible to everyone,” Kansas State Park Director Linda Lanterman said in a news release. “Through this collaboration with the Kansas State Library, we can remove the financial barriers of some who may not otherwise have been able to enjoy natural resources. We will not regret a trip to Kansas State Park. So I’m excited about the individuals and families who will benefit from it. “
The List of over 4 dozen Kansas libraries Includes Kansas City, Topeka and Manhattan. Wichita is not on the list.
Libraries interested in attending should contact the Program Coordinator, Riston Landwehr. email@example.com Or Kati Westerhausat firstname.lastname@example.org.. The library pays $ 5 for a permit sold in 25 books. If you have a pass left at the end of the year, you can get a refund from the State Parks Department.
To find your nearest Kansas State Park, visit the following website: ksoutdoors.com/State-Parks/Locations..
Get free passes to Kansas state parks at some libraries Source link Get free passes to Kansas state parks at some libraries