Portland, Oregon 2021-04-08 11:43:00 –
I need your power. The economic consequences of the coronavirus crisis threaten our ability to continue to produce quality reports that you have come to love.Consider if possible Contribute to Mercury every month..
“Who wants to hear the unreleased album recorded in 2010?” Kevin Winter / Getty Images
Good Morning, Portland! My heart was smashed, everything was strapped, buggy, everything was wrongly twisted and beaten, Uncomfortable at a depth of 3 feet. Let’s go to the press.
• Portland City Council and Mayor Ted Wheeler reached a compromise yesterday Unanimously passed a $ 6 million gun violence program, Reviving a dedicated team of police officers while taking a more community-led approach. It’s a kind of “gun violence reduction team light”, but it adds accountability and doesn’t cost you money in your pocket. (The police didn’t like that last part very much.) Our Alex Zielinski has all the details!
The new plan will not give the PPB additional $$, but will instruct the PPB to relocate police officers to focus on gun violence.
This modification informally revives a 12-member patrol team formerly known as the Gun Violence Reduction Team (GVRT).https://t.co/0rmFVTY7dD
— Alex Zielinski (@alex_zee) April 7, 2021
• Recall Michael Reinoere, an anti-fascist activist in Portland. Killed by a federal agent last September?? The Federal Reserve Board claimed that Reinoere shot first when he was arrested in Washington, but OPB Investigate law enforcement records, And found a lot of consistency in their story, and found it to be a very chaotic, untuned scene.
• This is a step in the right direction for the future of our country: Senate Oregon has passed the bill Pass the requirements to graduate from the public From high school.
The application window will open on Thursday and will offer a $ 16 billion closed venue grant. https://t.co/zp5al4OCYE
— OPB (@OPB) April 8, 2021
• Get ready to celebrate: The· MercuryPIZZA WEEK is back, Baby! Check out 30 places where you can get creative and delicious slices for just $ 2. And it all comes to you from April 19th to 25th!
• Busy Biden will announce Today’s series of enforcement actions on gun control— One of them is a laser shooting rifle that aims to prevent the spread of a handmade gun without a serial number, the “ghost gun”, which aims to capture ghosts and store them in small boxes. There is none.
• Democratic Senator Joe Manchin, who has apparently slept soundly over the past 12 years of Republican bullying and self-serving sabotage, says he has no way to go. Vote to remove or weaken filibusterThe act of advancing Dem’s progressive agenda and, more importantly, serving those he is supposed to represent.
You can maintain filibuster or voter voting rights. But you can’t do both. pic.twitter.com/TFvfe7vEKs
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) April 8, 2021
• Georgia’s Vice-Governor of the Republican Party acknowledges that — the state’s new anti-voting law slate was inspired by False allegations of election tampering with Trump and his associates.
• Senate Minority Turtle Mitch McConnell Furious retreat from recent comments After the whole world correctly calls him a fucking hypocrite, he warns businesses to “leave politics (but continue to give money to Republicans).”
Yet another member of Team Trump has joined Fox News.
The conservative cable network has announced that it has signed former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo as a paid on-air contributor. https://t.co/qrATBC2yXZ
— The Daily Beast (@thedailybeast) April 8, 2021
• With an ever-growing eerie Creep Congressman Matt Gaetz scandal, federal agents are now on Matty’s trip to the Bahamas with a woman, especially when he I paid them for sex at the time, May violate federal law.
Republican Secretary of State Alabama John Merrill accused the media and football star Megan Rapinoe of sticking to “homosexual activity” undermining the moral core of the United States. @mPinoe
Today, his sexting message leaked, including demanding that he be nailed to his 44-year-old mistress. pic.twitter.com/fwidUtEp7P
— I’m reluctant (@chris_notcapn) April 7, 2021
• Exciting Music News: Prince Real Estate It’s July 30th Release 12 politically influenced albums you’ve never heard of From purple recorded in 2010!
• The live comedy is back.With Rose City Rollers Mercury We are announcing a live OUTDOOR comedy event with a great lineup of cheerful local and nationally recognized comedians! April 22, 23, 24, So let’s turn your ticket into a Pronto!
• Hello, Stoner’s! SPLIFF, a short flick film festival about cannabis and everything “made of stone”, begins April 16-24. You can get your ticket now. (So hurry up before forgetting … because you know you do.)
• and now… weather forecast: It’s a cloudy day and there are days when the sun goes down And the high price of 59!
• And finally … I, during the whole pandemic.
Everyone is busy so I’ll entertain you pic.twitter.com/IjsqizdhqQ
— Living Morganism 🌱 (@ok_girlfriend) April 7, 2021
Good Morning, News: Portland’s New Gun Violence Team (Lite), Manchin Betrays the Dems, and a New Prince Album?!? SQUEEE! – Blogtown Source link Good Morning, News: Portland’s New Gun Violence Team (Lite), Manchin Betrays the Dems, and a New Prince Album?!? SQUEEE! – Blogtown