Portland, Oregon 2021-02-23 11:28:41 –
I need your power. The economic consequences of the coronavirus crisis threaten our ability to continue to produce quality reports that you have come to love.Consider if possible Donate to Mercury every month..
Good morning, Portland! Well, this is your daily good news assignment: Portland now needs to bring back Boba cocktail..
And Here is the headline.
• Post-Winter Storm Update: Number of Portland General Electric (PGE) Customers Without Power Had been cut to 24,000 by Monday afternoon— But for those who aren’t strong yet, there may be a long way to go. “At this point, repairs only bring back about 10 customers at a time,” PGE President Maria Pope said at a news conference, OPB said. “Given the amount of damage, it’s really slow.”
• It is a good reflection of the decline in Oregon’s COVID-19 number.
Providence Portland does not have a COVID-19 patient receiving critical care for the first time in a year. https://t.co/WV05X6fbcr
— KGW News (@KGWNews) February 23, 2021
• Oregon Senator Dallas Hard — a Republican anti-masker who expressed support for protesters who attacked the Oregon Legislature last year —Elected to chair the State Republican Party.. Hard’s new position reflects the extremes of the Oregon Republican Party, which also issued a statement in support of the US Capitol riots on January 6th last month.
• Three former U.S. Capitol security officials (all resigned on January 6) Testify before today’s parliament About clusterfuck’s reaction to the Trumpian coup attempt. The hearing is part of a larger parliamentary investigation into what happened that day when five people died.
• The Supreme Court will consider two voting proceedings next week.Both are inherently authoritative Digest the rest of US voting rights lawIt depends on how the court votes. And strong A conservative majority of courts, things aren’t looking good. At stake is the right to absentee ballot, among other things.
• No more kids in cages … now children in immigration facilities. 🙃🙃🙃
First immigration facility for children opens under Biden https://t.co/ADgQxIlMYU
— The Washington Post (@washingtonpost) February 23, 2021
• A new independent report confirms that many already know: Colorado Police There was no reason to stop Elijah McClain illegally, Strangle him or kill him with a ketamine injection. The story of McClain’s brutal 2019 murder drew attention during last year’s national racial justice protest.
• Value of time:
Online sex work has grown during the pandemic — but its ease is so exaggerated that its wealth is almost evenly distributed.For this piece, my first feature of GQ, I told a sex worker about life, hope, work, and money in a really rotten year. https://t.co/w1nnxSOyCu
— Jenna Sauers (@jennasauers) February 23, 2021
• Finally, there is some good news. A woman who survived childhood cancer and is currently working at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. Will be the youngest American in space, As part of an all-civil space mission to take off next year. Welcome to the future!
Good Morning, News: Thousands of Oregonians Still Without Power, Biden’s Kids in Cages, and New Info on Elijah McClain’s Killing – Blogtown Source link Good Morning, News: Thousands of Oregonians Still Without Power, Biden’s Kids in Cages, and New Info on Elijah McClain’s Killing – Blogtown