Portland, Oregon 2021-01-14 11:40:43 –
I need your power. The economic consequences of the coronavirus crisis threaten our ability to continue to produce quality reports that you have come to love. If possible, consider making a monthly donation to Mercury.
Members of the Oregon National Guard are supporting vaccination efforts in Salem. GOV office.Kate brown
Good morning, Portland! The weekend is approaching. Here are some safe ways to get out and have fun. You deserve it!
And Here is the headline.
• You are May I heard yesterday that the US House of Representatives impeached Donald Trump. This time it was to instigate an alliterated and pleasant rebellion. Ten Republicans across the Republic voted for impeachment, both very few and far more in favor of impeachment than any member of the presidential party. Now those Republicans are facing a backlash at home.
• And here’s the latest state government information. Things look pretty normal everywhere.
Oregon Legislators did not meet in person on Tuesday as previously planned, instead delaying legislative work due to possible violent protests in Salem next week https://t.co / zDW608N8CT #orpol #orleg
— Connor Radnovich (@CDRadnovich) January 14, 2021
• Governor Kate Brown said, thanks to a change in the way the federal government distributes vaccines. Speed up the state’s COVID-19 vaccination timeline. Currently, all Oregons aged 65 and over and teachers from kindergarten to high school are eligible for vaccination. It is added to other priority groups such as healthcare professionals. Currently, the state is vaccinated about 7,000 times a day, but Brown says he is working towards a goal of 12,000 vaccinations a day.
• In related news, Portland Public Schools are currently aiming for January 25, a day when some students can resume face-to-face learning.
• More than 80 restaurants, cafes and bars in the city have been completely closed since the pandemic first closed Portland in mid-March, but many others are temporarily closed or survived. I relied on fund-raising activities. Mercury Contributor Abe Asher digs deeper into what the closure of a restaurant, Bridges Cafe, means for the surrounding community.
• When information about the new COVID-19 strain comes out (it seems to be more effective at spreading than the original version), some experts warn that it’s time to overthrow the hatch again. doing. (If you’ve never unbatted the hatch in the first place, leave it alone!)
• In a new Buzzfeed News report, some parliamentary police officers claim that their bosses did not take the threat of the January 6 violence seriously enough. Some police officers believe that the fact that most of Trump’s mobs were white has something to do with it. “Let’s [last Wednesday] It was a result of a mixture of arrogance and incompetence, “a executive told Buzzfeed. “But the group of blacks and browns [management] More than a white group “
• Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green said he was a racist in QAnon, who happens to be a member of the House of Representatives, and will submit an impeachment article to President Joe Biden once he becomes president. .. So do your best!
support Portland Mercury
• Assuming that he survived Green’s very sad impeachment attempt, Biden will push forward with key stimulus measures, including additional funding for the COVID-19 vaccine, shortly after taking office. It’s still hard to bother governments who want to do wise and common sense just because they help the majority of Americans!
• PAWSUP, USA:
Exclusive: @Lady Gaga Sing the national anthem @JoeBiden And @KamalaHarris Inauguration ceremony on January 20th. @JLo Also, set it to run. https://t.co/FZZeY0rBHF
— Variety (@Variety) January 14, 2021
Good Morning, News: Vaccine Bump In Oregon, Biden Plans Stimulus Package, and Portland Restaurant Woes – Blogtown Source link Good Morning, News: Vaccine Bump In Oregon, Biden Plans Stimulus Package, and Portland Restaurant Woes – Blogtown