Portland, Oregon 2021-01-13 07:49:07 –
Post:Has been updated:
(NEXSTAR) – President Trump’s YouTube channel has been suspended for at least seven days after parent company Google has determined that his video violates policy.
According to YouTube’s official Media Relations account, “After the review, we removed new content uploaded to Donald J. Trump’s channel for violating the policy, considering concerns about continued violence. Did”. “Currently, we have our first strike and have been unable to upload new content for * at least * 7 days.”
YouTube added that it plans to invalidate comments on its channel because “concerns about violence continue.”
YouTube has a three-strike policy, and users who go on a third strike are permanently banned.
After a crowd of angry Trump supporters raided the U.S. Capitol last week, the newly formed Alphabet Workers’ Union accused YouTube executives of allowing the platform to “play an important role” in the growth of U.S. fascism. It was blown up.
Google’s decision will be made a few days after Facebook and Twitter suspend his account. Google and Apple have removed the app Parler because they failed to regulate their content.
Google has yanked the smartphone app from the app store and allowed posts asking it to “incite ongoing violence in the United States.” “More illegal and dangerous activity.” Apple told the parlor Saturday night that security issues need to be resolved before they can be restored, Apple said.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Google suspends President Trump’s YouTube channel, disables comments Source link Google suspends President Trump’s YouTube channel, disables comments