Las Vegas, Nevada 2021-08-04 22:01:18 –
Carson City, Nevada (KLAS) — Governor Steve Sisorak issued an emergency order on Wednesday focusing on the use of face masks and regular COVID tests in all schools from kindergarten to high school in Nevada. This directive applies to county school districts, charter schools, and private schools.
In connection with Clark County, all school staff are required to wear face masks while in the school building, regardless of vaccination status. They should wear face masks with all kindergarten to high school students while in county schools and other school buses.
Last week, CCSD announced similar requirements. For each district:
- All students are required to wear a face mask in the school building / facility unless prohibited by medical or developmental conditions
- All students are required to wear a face mask on all district buses unless use is prohibited due to medical or developmental conditions
- If a student requires a tax exemption, tutoring plan, or section 504 accommodation plan, a team meeting should be held to determine if the tax exemption is appropriate.
- All staff must wear a face mask in the school building / facility unless the medical condition prohibits it.
- All staff are required to wear a face mask while boarding the district bus, unless use is prohibited due to medical conditions.
“The school district is committed to opening schools as safely as possible for all students for the 2021-202 school year so that they can study face-to-face,” said a school district spokesman. increase. “As a result of the current high prevalence of COVID-19, students and staff will adhere to the following, in line with recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the South Nevada Health District, and the Governor’s Directive. [above] Guidelines. ”
According to Nevada Health Response, if a COVID-19 occurs throughout the school, the Universal Face Mask Policy will be enforced immediately for all students in the school building. If additional mitigation measures are needed, local health authorities may request them.
The directive also touched on the COVID-19 test. It is stated that unvaccinated students, staff, and volunteers participating in activities, including trips to schools outside the county, should be tested weekly.