Baltimore, Maryland 2022-05-24 23:27:30 –
Prosecutors said Tuesday that a man in Hallesorp had pleaded guilty to threatening the National Security Agency and its employees.
Ryan Matthew Konron, 38, has pleaded guilty to making communications that threaten interstate highways with the NSA and its employees, Elek L. Baron of the United States Attorney for Maryland announced. bottom.
US District Judge Stephanie A. Gallagher sentenced Konron to six months of house arrest as part of three years of probation.
Officials said the FBI identified earlier last year that the person behind the threat had called on the FBI’s chipline to blow up the NSA and shoot civil servants. According to the plea, the FBI has tracked a threatening call to Konron since December 29, last year. There, callers discussed plans to blow up NSA headquarters and shoot NSA workers.
Officials said another caller to the chipline threatened the White House two days later, and the call was also tracked by Konron.
When Konron was arrestedHe admitted that he may have actually made the threatening communication he had, according to the plea document. Konron sent the communication with the intention of threatening NSA employees or knowing that the communication was considered a threat.
The NSA Headquarters office is located in Fort Meade.
Halethorpe man, 38, pleads guilty to threatening NSA and NSA workers, is sentenced to home detention, probation – Baltimore Sun Source link Halethorpe man, 38, pleads guilty to threatening NSA and NSA workers, is sentenced to home detention, probation – Baltimore Sun